TRD Supercharger specs and info (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

98% of the time I use it anyway. I'm just trying to make up my mind to do it or not:hmm: It may be scary for me to have more power:eek:

for the people who have one what did you mpg go to after installed for normal driving. to and from work and stuff. would love to hav e one but already trying to regain mpg from lift and tires.

Well, so far I can verify that you have to use premium. Still no answers on mechanical issues caused by the supercharger, specifically in the manual Tranny.

Another piece of info from a mech up here in CO is that initially the SC helps with mileage until you start doggin it...Then it drinks fuel.

I didn't have one installed at purchase and am waiting to see what power is like after new steel bumpers, winch, tires.

If I need more power afterwards I'll think about it...Dealer installed here it's about $4,800 plus $700 for install. :crybaby:

If you have a Toyota Dealer Install the SC, your factory warranty is maintained. If the SC as especially hard on the manual trans, then I don't think Toyota would be selling it with warranty liability.

See my report at: https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj-cruiser/230147-trd-supercharger-report.html.

I had my local Toyota Dealer do my SC install and TRD CAI and TRD Cat-back at the same time. My dealer gives customers who bought their vehicle from them 25% all aftermarket parts. Here is how it broke down for me:

TRD Supercharger kit 3312
FJ Fit Kit 360
Labor 468
TRD Cat-Back 399
Labor 78
TRD CAI 319
Labor 117

It was worth it for me to have the extra power which I need with a set of larger tires and heavy bumpers.

I have a feeling I may be adding one of these in the future. With a unichip and URD pullys you can get a bit more out of them.

With all the knowledge you have on superchargers for an 80 (actually a TRD for a 4.5 in a 97 LX450) I wonder if you could help source a waste gate actuator. The tech tells me that the diaphragm is torn. Installed in2003 toyota no longer stocks parts for the ptr29-60097.

Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom