TRD Supercharger specs and info

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by BRICKTOP, Oct 26, 2007.

1. BRICKTOP

BRICKTOP

SUBJECT: ​
    TRD Supercharger – Tacoma and FJ Cruiser

TRD 4.0L V6 Supercharger for
    Tacoma and FJ Cruiser Now Available​
    Key Specifications​
    Roots-type rotating components in a
    one piece integral manifold

Water-to-Air intercooler system with
    a custom low temperature radiator
    (LTR) reduces inlet temperatures for
    maximum power output.

High flow fuel injectors

Iridium spark plugs

Boost Pressure 5-6 psi

Key Features​
    50 State Emission Legal

Reprogramming of ECU using Toyota
    Tech Stream System

Installation time approximately 6
    hours

Performance​
    Horsepower and torque ratings were validated by SAE J1349 Surface Vehicle Certification test
    procedures – a first for any aftermarket supercharger assembly.
    SAE Net Performance
    Horsepower 304 SAE hp @ 5400 rpm
    Torque 334 SAE ft/lbs @ 3600 600 rpm

NOTE: Supercharger has been calibrated for optimum performance with the stock intake,
    consequently the supercharger is not compatible with TRD Performance Air Intake or any other
    intake system.​
  2. vegasgolds

vegasgolds

there is a picture of it with a TRD CAI attached to it so why is it not compatiable?

[​IMG]
  3. firetruck41

firetruck41

Probably just not "certified" 50 state compliant that way.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  4. spaldam

spaldam

:bounce2:

Seriously?? Who's selling it and for how much?

It looks to me like you have to use the TRD intake. I don't see how the stock intake would attache to it.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  5. tddfj

tddfj

would like to know price also and when available
  6. There are a number of places taking preorders for these superchargers now. It is about $3400 for the supercharger and $300 for the fit kit. You can order them at toyotaterritory.com. Seems pretty stupid if they can't be used with the TRD CAI. It is clearly mated to the CAI in the picture, so I don't know whats up. I called the TRDusa tech line and they said they didn't know if it would work with the CAI yet. Seems a little late in the game to not know this yet, considering they are taking orders.
  7. BRICKTOP

BRICKTOP

MSRP through Toyota dealer

Part Number and Pricing Information​
    Parts Only
    Description Part
    Number
    Model Year
    Application Dealer
    Cost MSRP
    TRD 4.0L V6 Supercharger
    Main Assembly
    PTR29-35070 $4,140

FJ Cruiser Fit Kit
    PTR29-35071 2007 – 2008 $360

Tacoma Fit Kit
    PTR29-35072 2005 – 2008 V6 Only $360

8. spaldam

spaldam

If It was up to me, I would have required it to be used with the TRD CAI to make sure there are no restrictions to the additional air it will be sucking in; unless the CAI has some problem with it that makes it unusable with the SuperCharger.
  9. Hey Bricktop,
    I've seen it for considerably less than the price you have quoted. I've found three places listing it for $3,400
  10. BRICKTOP

BRICKTOP

good price

That's a great price. $3400 is less than $100 over flat dealer cost. This thing coming out is killing me! I tow a 4500 pound trailer and I love power (which is why my signature has a FORD in it when I really don't like the product lint) but putting another $4k plus into a vehicle that already has decent power is tough to justify. And being in the business, I am acutely aware that the thousands of dollars we put into these rigs makes almost no difference in actual value when it comes time to get something else.

That being said...I'd be willing to bet that by the springtime there will be a nice little whine coming out from under my hood anyways.:doh:!
  11. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

The aftercooler it's water cooled .. ? separate water pump and lines with the kit . ?

12. IB14A69

IB14A69

What places did you find it for 3400?? just wanted to check them out and see if anyone had free shipping.
  13. spaldam

spaldam

14. toyotaterritory.com has the supercharger and fit kit for $3740. I can't remember the other places i saw it, but i'll look around and see what i find.
  15. and by the way, has anyone found anything out about the TRD cold air intake situation?
  16. IB14A69

IB14A69

I Will Be Able To Tell You Later Today If It Works With It Or Not The Owner Is Installing His Supercharger Today.
  17. billybongo63

billybongo63

18. Nice. Thats what I was looking for. Thanks. Time to start planning for a supercharger. :bounce:
  19. IB14A69

IB14A69

Yes The Trd Cold Air Intake Will Work With The Supercharger. It Could Suck The Filter Inward Though. Will Have To Wait And See On That. The Supercharger Is Sick It Pulled The Front Tire Off The Ground Going Around A Slight Corner And It Was Wet Out. The Whole Front End Of The Rig Pics Up Really High From A Launch. And This Was Installed On A Fjc That Has A 6'' Lift And 35 Inch Toyo's That Are About 15.5 Wide.
  20. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator Supporting Vendor

BUY ONE NOW! That is a give-away and they are nuts.