Transmission to Transfer Case Bypass Hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

just installed my bypass hose today! 62 with h55, and it was the perfect length! Top tip, install the tranny side first as it is a little more difficult to get to. Side note, i replaced whatever gear oil the pm had put in with Redline MT-90. Now I get to chose which gear instead of my cruiser!!! It's more expensive to be sure, but it sure does shift better. Also with a more expensive fluid it's nice to know the right amount is in the right place at all times. Great product shipmag!

I just wanted to post my experience with buying one of these hoses. The transaction was painless, the communication was excellent and shipping was very fast. I got mine only a few days after I ordered it.
The bypass hose looks to be extremely well made and the fit was excellent.
Installation was straight forward. I replaced both of my transfer case output shaft seals, changed the fluids and installed the new bypass hose at the same time. It was a good upgrade and after a putting some miles on it I checked it for leaks and everything looks great. Note that I had my skid plate off because of the work I had already planned to do. I think you could probably get it on there with the stock skid plate on, but access is so much better with it off and was far easier.

I got the 12.75" for my 1983 FJ60, and it was a perfect fit. Took a few seconds extra to thread in the transfer case end because it had **just** enough length. Lou was super quick and the transaction was perfect. Awesome product. Looking forward to keeping fluid in my transfer case till I can afford a rebuild. Thanks Lou!
Transferhose3 by theophilus76, on Flickr

TransferHose1 by theophilus76, on Flickr

TransferHose2 by theophilus76, on Flickr

I got the 12.75" for my 1983 FJ60, and it was a perfect fit. Took a few seconds extra to thread in the transfer case end because it had **just** enough length. Lou was super quick and the transaction was perfect. Awesome product. Looking forward to keeping fluid in my transfer case till I can afford a rebuild. Thanks Lou!
Transferhogrse3 by theophilus76, on Flickr

TransferHose1 by theophilus76, on Flickr

TransferHose2 by theophilus76, on Flickr
great photos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom