transmission output shaft thread size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I must have slightly damaged the threads on the output shaft of my h55 last time i staked the nut on. I thought for sure they were m25x1.5 but neither the thread chaser or the die I bought thread on. Anyone know what the diameter and thread pitch is?

I dont know if there are different sizes for different years or something but mine is definitely bigger than m22. It measures a little over 24mm with a caliper and an m25x1.5 die wouldnt even start on it.

Honestly this sounds janky but just get a thin file and clean the threads up with that. They are big enough that it shouldn't cause any issues just make sure you clean up the metal dust.

If I could see where the damage was that I was trying to fix I might have done that. I did work on it with a thread file for a while to no avail. For the record, the h55 transmission output shaft thread size is 26mm x 1.5mm. When the m25 thread chaser didnt fit I just bought the next size up and it worked like a champ.

That's weird. I measured the output shaft on The 4 speed I pulled from my 83 60. I really thought all the h41 and h55 were the same. Sorry for the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom