(Transition Complete!) Construction Zone: Hard Hat Required (SOA project pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Re:(Transition Complete!) Construction Zone: Hard Hat Required (SOA project pic

that is definately an awsome 60 I take back all the bonehead comments. :-[

I'm interested in doing this to my FJ-40... Have you calculated to total price yet?

Sheesh. Total price? I'll get back to ya--but it really started to add up here towards the end. Probably coulda still saved a little here and there, and done a couple things different here and there...

Anyway, just thought I would post a couple pics of us flexin' her out on some rocks around the corner from the shop....

rock_salute.jpg

look'n sexy
(the 60, not yourself)

I love it! :eek: :D
60 series look sooo good SOA!

Took some measurements before SOA, directly after the axles were bolted on, and after a week of driving (without shocks :p )

Top of axle tube to bottom side of frame:
Drivers Front: before - 8 5/8 in; after - 15; one week - 14 1/2
Passenger Front: before - 8 5/8; after - 15; one week - 14 1/2
Dr Rr: before - 7 7/8; after - 15 1/2; one week - 13 7/8
Pass Rr: before - 7 11/16; after - 15 1/2; one week - 13 7/8

Frame height at bumpers:
Front: before - 22 in; after - 30 in
Rear: before - 24; after - 32.

So I guess I put ~6 inches all around. And it's obviously got a *slight* rake towards the front--which I ilke 8).

Have you figured out what you will be using for shocks yet? And the before measurement... is that with the lift you used to have or is that on stock springs?

Not sure about the shocks yet still... Everyone has a different opinion on every damn shock and I have pretty much no experience with any of them... But I'm needin' some that are gonna be relatively stiff.

And the before measurements were with the lift springs I had, not stock springs.

ferg -- time to change that sig "just the right height -- but alway want BIGGER!!"

[quote author=theferg link=board=1;threadid=4378;start=msg38509#msg38509 date=1062865804]
She measures 72 inches tall and 72 inches wide...should drop a tiny bit after a couple of rally's on some dirt roads. How tall do you think the garage door is? Nope, sorry, 74 inches!!! Can you believe she fit out the damn door? :D
[/quote]

Well, I got my figures confused. She was 72 inches wide and 82 inches tall and the garage door was 84 tall. Anyway, she's now a couple inches lower and 3 inches wider.

Got these ford shock towers mounted now too. I just bolted them on--FYI, you'll want to brace the back side of the frame if you bolt them on or you will end up pulling in the frame (ask me how I know ::) ). I pounded the fender a bit on the passenger side, but other than that they pretty much fit inside (though I have seen some people cut out a section in the fender--but I know that's not necessary on FJ60s, or atleast not on mine :D ). Anyway, here ya go.

nice rig i got a tan one that im getting ready for a soa on 35s i have the same rear cut fenders..and some skate and surf stickers on the windows as weell?? off the subject... you still skateboard?

Sure do. :D Two or three times a week. Mostly at a skatepark we've got here in Logan, but do some street as well. I've been skatin' since I was 12 years old--26 now and the knees aren't doin' so good, but it's still damn fun. Need to go get the synthetic ligament implants up in Canada that Danny Way got. That would be bad arse!

Did you decide what you're doin' for your steering?

yeah im just gonna call W up i dont feel like messin with it myself,yeah ive been skating since 7th grade and now im almost 20.. ugh i feel old... i just moved to florida like a month ago so i havnt really met any other skater buddies yet just been out surfing and rippin it up on the board by myself... but im lookin forward to the spring over i want to get it done before i have to start college agian down here in jan..but i got my cruiser out on some sand dunes already, a lot diff than rocks but still fun well im out ....al
p.s. ill send ya the pics of my spring over in like a month when i have all the parts ready. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom