Trans to Motor Connection HELP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm installing a donor trans and transfer case. (Thanks Death Valley Paul). Finally got trans in and When I go to bolt the fly wheel to the torque converter my last bolt won't line up. Does the torque converter need to line up a certain way with the fly wheel. I do see a white paint spot on the torque converter, but didn't see anything on the fly wheel. Thanks

There is a green torq converter bolt the rest are black, green one goes to that white dot then put rest in

What year is the donor vs your rig? Toyota is notorious for changing small things from one year to the next, and even mid-year.

Ok well one should be different color it goes to the dot but if they don't line up they don't line up

Did you get the torq converter from donor also then used your fly wheel? Easy thing would be fly wheel and torq from same tranny then you know they match together

even with the green one (dealer can get them) i left them finger tight the first round as the last one or 2 can be a bear. once they were all in take them out one by one put thread locker on them and torque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom