Trailer Stabilizer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.autohomeus.com
As I near completion of my M416 type trailer, I am looking for a stabilizer jack arrangement for the rear of the trailer.

I have a demountable front tongue jack, 38 gallon watertank under the bed, and dual 105 AH deep draw batteries, pump, charger, and invertor in a tongue tool box. I should balance out right according to my calculations.

I would like to install a swing down or detachable stabilizer for the rear, so that additional weight on the tail gate won't cause problems.

Suggestions??

check those jacks used on the back of RV-trailers...scissors style with a LONG throw.

My husband is going to drive our 1987 FJ60 from CA to NC next week. We were thinking about buying a trailer - but we do not know about the weight and how much it can pull, we were hoping around 5000 lbs. He also has a 3 inch heavy duty lift kit with greasable shackles on the the cruiser . Please Advise:cheers.
Thanks Jenna

[quote author=jenna link=board=14;threadid=16376;start=msg157787#msg157787 date=1084668053]
My husband is going to drive our 1987 FJ60 from CA to NC next week. We were thinking about buying a trailer - but we do not know about the weight and how much it can pull, we were hoping around 5000 lbs. He also has a 3 inch heavy duty lift kit with greasable shackles on the the cruiser . Please Advise:cheers.
Thanks Jenna
[/quote]

I personnally would make sure that the trailer has brakes if going that far with that much weight. The mountains can be hell on brakes.

60-series is "I think" max rated for 3500# towing. A single axle trailer, and as niner said, electric brakes definitely. I towed thru Denver with my motorhome and trailer (16,000# total weight) and while driving from West to East is easier on brakes than the East to West drive, it's still a bugger...brakes on the trailer are a must for mountains.

I think we just hijacked Mike's thread...lol

Was this my thread??

BTW - 3500 lbs is the rating according to the literature I have on the 60. I would hesitate to tow much over that - not likely to break anything, tho' - including speed limits ;)

Mike S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom