Trail Suggestions (Sedona to Williams) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to take a small camping AZ road trip and do Phoenix to Prescott on dirt. Then drive through Jerome, Cottonwood, and Sedona on Pavement. Then Sedona to Williams on dirt and the pavement back to Phoenix through Flagstaff.

Does anybody have recommendation on a route from Sedona to Williams?

Sedona south to the Greasy Spoon trail, then out on Bill Gray Rd to Cottonwood. Hit Pavement to Mingus Ave, following the Apr ROTM route. Pick up the Great Western Trail and follow it across 89A, past Potato Patch, through Martin Canyon (Smiley Rock trail) to 318A and Old Orchard Draw and Perkinsville Rd. Take Perkinsville Rd Northacross the Verde River. Leave Perkinsville Rd at Sand Flat, staying on the GWT north to Williams(actually just east of Williams) and I40.

Small details left out, but his should help...

Last edited:
Sedona south to the greasy spoon trail, then out on Bill Gray Rd to Cottonwood. Hit Pavement to Mingus Ave, following the Apr ROTM route. Pick up the Great Western Trail and follow it across 89A, past Potato Patch, through Martin Canyon (Smiley Rock trail) to 318A and Old Orchard Draw and Perkinsville Rd. Leave Perkinsville FD at Sand Flat, staying on the GET north to Williams(actually just east of Williams) and I40.

Small details left out, but his should help...
What would you say this drive time would be?

Perkinsville Road to Williams was pretty much a graded dirt road when we took it some years ago - it was a scenic and fun ride

Drive time on the route I suggested would probably be 6-10 hours. Old Orchard Draw to Perkinsville Rd is still very scenic; Jerome to Williams would be 1-2 hrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom