Trail Run - Slick Rock May 30 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
BBCNN 05/30
Trail: Slick Rock

May 30. Meet at Hermit Valley campground on Highway 4 Friday night. Leave time 9:00 AM Saturday morning.

Description: Slick Rock

Slick Rock is a moderate to difficult trail two; major obstacles are a V Crack, and a waterfall at the end of the trail that can be a challenge for stock rigs. Rocker panel protection is suggested for the two obstacles unless you don't mind some body damage. With the exception of the last obstacle this trail is a pretty drive through the mountains on a fairly easy road. If you have any doubts independent research on the trail is encouraged, there are many trail descriptions and videos available on the internet.

Date: Saturday, 05/30

Leave Time: 0900

Meeting Location: Hermit Valley Campground off Hwy 4
Click here for Directions

Trail Difficulty:Mostly 1-2 some sections 3
Optional camping on Friday night for those who want, two words on camping Friday MEAT SUSHI. Lets just say it involves bacon, meat and cheese, no rice. Double up on your statin drugs.

Duration of Run: Sat.

Tread Lightly / 146.460

Last edited:
I'm In. Camping is a must for this trail. Meat sushi Yum:pig::pig::pig:. That just gets me:D. The post on facebook of it being made just looks awesome. We will be hosting calisthenics and an after dinner walk for those who don't want Keith running a cath on us Monday.:rimshot:

Looks like the stocker run won't happen:cool:. Please consider:hmm: running this trail with us even if you are slightly modified with rocker protection. PM me if you have questions

Though I'm still a bit iffy here... I note that when I first ran this trail the only mod (that matters) I had on my FJC TT was 33" over the stock 31.5" BFG ATs... and I even went up and over the staircase. A non-TT FJC would have crap 31.5 tires stock. Of course, LCs are a different beast.

On this run, as we plan to turn around at the staircase, it is optional. As I recall, the V Crack is the most challenging obstacle without a by-pass... and we run it in both directions. This one has been know to grab the occasional door or rear side panel to those which get on the wrong line (with or without sliders). Last year I literally just scraped through on the way in. The main thing here is having an experienced spotter getting you on a good line. There's no shame in asking for a spotter!

I probably won't know for sure if I can make it until late next week.

Last edited:
Hope you can make it Kurt. I seem to remember that you did great on this trail. So there is the standard. Hope we get a big turn out. Spotters we have:eek:.Bring your cowbell.:)

I'm unfortunately not gonna make this!!
My rig is down getting ready for moab!!

Change in plan for me, something came up and I won't be going.

Not happy about this.

#@*&+:censor:-You guys are killing me. I will be at the campground around 5:30 Friday night. Leave time is still 9:00am from the campground on Saturday. Meat sushi :eek: will be put on hold for another trip. Would really like to have someone along if ya'll can make it. If not it wouldn't be the first time I have wheeled by myself.:( Getting a run together is like having to :deadhorse:

Me and probably 4 other rigs will be up there tomorrow as well. We plan to meet at the Bear Valley gas station at 10am. Will be 3 80's and 2 FJC's. Feel free to come by and wheel with us.

I can make it! Will be driving up in the mornin'. I'll meet up with folks camping at Hermit Valley by 9am... and then head over to the trail head. I'll be at the Minden Mavericks gas station (on 88 across from Douglas HS) at 7am.

Ghost, do you have a 2m Radio? Will try to raise you on simplex 146.460.

Last edited:
I can make it! Will be driving up in the mornin'. I'll meet up with folks camping at Hermit Valley by 9am... and then head over to the trail head. I'll be at the Minden Mavericks gas station (on 88 across from Douglas HS) at 7am.

Ghost, do you have a 2m Radio? Will try to raise you on simplex 146.460.

I don't but my friend does. I'm leaving my rig home (no sliders) and riding with him. We will be in a white 80.

Mark and I had a good time... lots of water on the trail. No carnage. I got hung up twice on the way out... both times due to brain farts. First time I used my winch to pull out... second time Mark gave me a tug. Mark made a nice run and down the waterfall. I skipped it.

We an into GhostFJ and his buddies on the way out. They all had some nice looking rigs, a couple 80 series and couple FJCs.

Glad you guy got to do the run. Really, really sorry I couldn't make it.

Glad you guy got to do the run. Really, really sorry I couldn't make it.
It was fun. Wish you could have made it. Surprised how many Toys on the trail. 1 club from San Jose and then four rigs from sac area. One mini on his own and 7 jeeps-one with overheating probs and one with a broken seal on the front diff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom