Traction options on LX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Threads
I am looking at a '99 LX for possible purchase.

The seller just got this vehicle and thought that '98 & ''99 LX came w/ LSD in the rear.

I was underneath taking a look at things and do not see a "LSD" label by the rear diff fill plug. I thought they always liked to identify this in the rear diff for service?

Can anyone confirm/deny a '99 LX would have LSD in rear?

Did the 2000 and up LX gain A-TRAC when the LC did?

Thanks!

This '99 has ~139k (<140K) on the clock, TX truck so it looks free of rust. Overall, pretty nice rig. What would you pay for this?

My 98 came with an LSD. If you have the VIN you can look up the VIN# to see the equipment that th LX came with:
VIN Decoder - Club Lexus Forums

Thank you! The VIN decoder did show LSD. Curious if this was standard equipment for '98-99, or optional.

It still seems weird that the factory would not label the diff housing by the fill plug.

Can anyone advise when/if the LX got A-TRAC?

image.png

Thank you! The VIN decoder did show LSD. Curious if this was standard equipment for '98-99, or optional.
Can anyone advise when/if the LX got A-TRAC?

98-99 LX had LSD standard. 98-99 LC had e-locker optional. 2000+ both got ATRAC.

98-99 LX had LSD standard. 98-99 LC had e-locker optional. 2000+ both got ATRAC.

Thank you! Do you have any opinions on how LSD stacks up against the ATRAC?

When I was looking through the '99 LX owner manual, they mentioned LSD and said to ask your dealer if you are not sure if your vehicle has it, as well as an optional e-locker. Think that is the work of a lazy product manager who didn't want to differentiate between the 2 products?

Thank you! Do you have any opinions on how LSD stacks up against the ATRAC?

Have not driven an early LX to have any opinion on the LSD. ATRAC does a pretty good job of simulating lockers IF you drive it correctly and allow ATRAC to do the work.

Have not driven an early LX to have any opinion on the LSD. ATRAC does a pretty good job of simulating lockers IF you drive it correctly and allow ATRAC to do the work.

Thank you! There are enough '98 & '99 LXs out there, someone has to wheel theirs! Hopefully they will weigh in on the merit of the LSD (or lack thereof)...

Fully Locked > ATRAC > Rear Locker > LSD > Open (In my opinion) and the ATRAC vs. Rear Locker debate may start a fight ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom