tpi with vortec heads (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone gone this route on their 40 ? i have a 350 camaro motor with a tpi with a 700r and a 203 to toy tcase..

having a few fuel delivery probs.. anyone done this conversion

thanks

i dont think they match....

what types of problems? Fuel pump is sufficient? &nbsp:Didja get the computer adjusted/reburned?

i have a tpi engine from a 92 camaro.. the computer has a new chip and wiriing harness.,. i use a 20 psi 70 gal/hr pump from the lc tank to a 14 oz external resevoir.. then the resevoir feeds a 70psi 34gal/hr high pressure pump.. to the engine..(steel lines).. then back to the tank.. the resvoir is also vented with a return line back to the tank.. the only thing i guess it could be is a bad high pressure pump.. i will be going along and the fuel pressure will drop and the truck dies.. wait a half hour and she starts back up..

i do have a set of vortec heads from a 97 truck.. and i saw that scroggins dickey makes a baseplate to put tpi on vortec heads.. i was wondering how much performance i would expect to see over my set up..

definitely not the tank vent prob.. does it either way.. put the supply pump to the resevoir on a relay and a 12 switch and it doenst help... i guess i need a new hp pump.. they are spendy though

Master E2000 is the external pump for TPI....available at Autozone and others....$50-70 or something like that.

What kind of fuel delivery problems? Get a fuel pressure tester and check the fuel rail pressure. &nbsp:Does the reservoir have a return to the main tank? does the fuel rail return to the reservoir?

I have a similar setup and it works well. I would step down to a low pressure pump feeding the reservior. something made for a carb would be good maybe 3-4 psi.

what is the engine dooing? do you have the runners on the correct side? Are all the efi parts from the exact same engine(ie runners, upper plenum, lower, throttle body etc, wiring computer etc?)

cruiserbrett,

yup the resevoir has vent to tank and there is a t in the return from the engine to the tank.. and that goes to the resvoir...

it runs but when you have been on the highway for a while.. 40 mins... then get on it..in traffic .. it sputters and the fuel pressure at the rail.. is only 25 or so.. then it dies...

wait a bit.. pull the fuse for the computer to reset.. and she starts... its been getting worse.. so i think its a bad fuel pump.. as a friend always said... GOOD isnt spelled NEW..

have you put vortec heads on your motor ? just wondering..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom