Toyota V8 Engines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If someday one had the opportunity to pick up awrecked Tundra with a V8 engine in it, how much trouble would it be to put it into something like a FJ62, using all or some of the running gear of either?

you could do it no prob imo, but the wiring would be a pita.

I can't imagine it would be a whole lot worse than a Vortec if the x-fer outputs were the same as the 60. You wouldn't want the Tundra front axle, so that swap is out.
I would definately want the whole wrecked truck as wiring it from scratch would suck.

................................... You wouldn't want the Tundra front axle, so that swap is out.
especially since it's ifs!

my buddy and i were just talking about this,this afternoon.
i doubt anybody is making adapter's for the v8 to 4 speed yet but i would think that somebody would be working on them buy now.
as far as the computer end,there are stand alone comp's available for ford 5.0's(just using that as an example) that are used for engine swaps. they are designed to handle the engine duties only and make those engine swaps much easier, some are even programable to your engine specs and needs.

i've been looking for a wrecked cruiser with the v8 (i heard that the cruiser 8 puts out more than the tundra 8) just to sit on till i could hook a 4sp to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom