1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toyota V8 Engines

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by willd, Feb 7, 2003.

1. willd

willd

If someday one had the opportunity to pick up awrecked Tundra with a V8 engine in it, how much trouble would it be to put it into something like a FJ62, using all or some of the running gear of either?

2. PHAT MAX

PHAT MAX

you could do it no prob imo, but the wiring would be a pita.

3. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

I can't imagine it would be a whole lot worse than a Vortec if the x-fer outputs were the same as the 60. You wouldn't want the Tundra front axle, so that swap is out.
    I would definately want the whole wrecked truck as wiring it from scratch would suck.

4. ScottFJ40

ScottFJ40

especially since it's ifs!

5. brian

brian SILVER Star

my buddy and i were just talking about this,this afternoon.
    i doubt anybody is making adapter's for the v8 to 4 speed yet but i would think that somebody would be working on them buy now.
    as far as the computer end,there are stand alone comp's available for ford 5.0's(just using that as an example) that are used for engine swaps. they are designed to handle the engine duties only and make those engine swaps much easier, some are even programable to your engine specs and needs.

i've been looking for a wrecked cruiser with the v8 (i heard that the cruiser 8 puts out more than the tundra 8) just to sit on till i could hook a 4sp to it.