Toyota parts for Lexus? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
To address further the question of buying an LX in lieu of LC, I was wondering about the following:
- should the average Toy dealer be able to order Lexus parts (mine said he can't)?
- do most Toy parts fit the Lexus (my Toy dealer said many are different, esp. electronics)
so IOW, how difficult is it to get parts for a Lexus if there is only a Toy dealer around (and it sounded like SuperDan does not have ready access either IIRC) ?
thx
Eric

I would guess that 99% of the items are the same on the 80's series other than some of the trim pieces, and radio etc. With the 100 series having traction control, active suspension etc. that may be different. In my experience if there is a Lexus dealer close by the Toyota dealer will refer you to them and vice versa. Be a bit savey and determine from this list or other sources what items are unique and just go to toy dealer and tell them you have a Land Cruiser of the same model year and order parts. In a similar situation (BD - before Dan) I ordered 97 model year brake pads instead of the 94 that I own.

it is accurate that a Toyota dealer cannot get Lexus specific parts, but the LC/LX450 differ very little, some interior parts, badges, manuals, and some exterior cladding, the air conditioning is different but the LX450 system was made available in the 40'th edition LC so a Toyota dealer should be able to get the AC stuff as well? AFIK with the exception of the phone and AC system all the electronics are identical?

So far the only thing I needed that Dan could not get was the manual

Correct.

Toyota has the Lexus and Toyota divisions "divorced" and parts specific to one line are "invisible" to the other. It is not like GM where a Chevy dealer can order Buick or Caddy parts.

Toyota does not re-number an identical part to sell it to a Lexus dealer, the number remains common and dealers from both lines buy it under the same number. There is a cost difference however. Common parts cost more at a Lexus dealer than a Toyota dealer due to the shipping method used by Toyota. Lexus parts are shipped air automaticly and Toyota parts are shipped ground. The air freight expense is built into the part. A toyota dealer can get parts air but pays additional charges, sometimes substantial, for that service.

450 differences are, but not limited to: Audio, most interior trim, fenders, doors, quarters, flares/cladding, lower tail gate, headlamps, grille, corner lamps, ETC>

D-

.....shocks, seat foam... ;)

In some cases, at least where I am, the Toyota and Lexus dealers are owned by the same company/people. That being said, I had to get some frnt end work done in a town with only a Toyota dealer- they were able to get parts without problem and do the work. Given that they don't sell Land Cruisers here, I'm not sure how they did it, but they did.

Cheers, Hugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom