Toyo Open Country R/T Coming Soon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a friend in Basalt that just rolled over 45K on the same size A/T ii with solid reviews.

Can you post a close up of the tire from the side and the tread?

Im trying to talk myself into the A/T ii but Im not sure they are aggressive enough. A nice ride on the hwy would be nice though.

Gladly!
0908141209.jpg

0908141208a.jpg

0908141208.jpg

These things roll very nicely. I love the look of more aggressive M/T tires (especially the Trail Grapplers) but have never owned a set. If I still lived in AZ I would probably try some. I swear though, choosing tires is the hardest thing I've ever done with the LC. The first set was a breeze. Nitto Terra Grapplers. But for some reason choosing the second set was a tedious, laborious process. My girlfriend was about to kill me if she heard one more thing about siping or 33s vs. 35s.

Hey Phil, what's your buddy drive? I'm in Basalt all the time and have seen several tasty looking rigs.

Phil, IIRC both Mtkreitz and Rudster from CSC roll on the AT2's if you wanted to get feedback and see what they look like

I used their contact form to ask about possible new sizes (specifically 285/75R16 and 255/85R16) and received a response today 9/29/14:

Thank you for contacting Toyo Tires USA. We will be introducing new sizes next year, however at this time we cannot confirm what sizes will be made available. Please stay tuned as they will be added to our web-site once they are available. We will forward your email to our product development team for hopeful consideration.

I wish the ATII was available as an Xtreme size in a 285/75R16. That is as large as I want to go but want the slightly more aggressive version. The larger (295/75 and 305/70) tires that are all available in Xtreme are not common enough sizes for me to want to go that route. Concerned about availability of replacements should one get damaged.

Still hoping the R/T comes out near the beginning of next year in the right size.

Thanks for posting up pictures. Have you measured them on the truck to see how tall they actually are mounted? I have 285/75/16s right now, and I'd love about a half inch more sidewall if possible. I've had good luck with the Duratracs so far, but I'm thinking about these tires in the 295/75/16 xtreme variety like you have.
Well I tried, but my driveway is seriously off camber since I live on a hill :) I'll check again on a more level surface, but they are spec'd out as 33.4". I have the 2 to 2.5 inch lift OME 850/863rear and I think the tires fill out the wheel well pretty good. Not like 35's, but still pretty good looking. I think these tires could arguably be a direct competitor to the duratracs. Tread depth is within 1/32, good voids between the lugs, well siped, and load range E. My biggest beef with the duratracs is that I didn't want to go down to 285's and I didn't want the added financial burdens associated with 315's. I was looking at the Hankook Dynapro M/Ts in a 295/75/16 which spec out to 33.6" but they have no siping and I don't want to run studs. Anyway, here's a poser pic from the other day:
0912141547.jpg

Phil, IIRC both Mtkreitz and Rudster from CSC roll on the AT2's if you wanted to get feedback and see what they look like
I dont know anyone in CSC running A/T II xtreme.
Nitto's for MK and Toyo M/T for Rudster

Ahhh, I see. MK has the Nittos on his 100, Toyos on his 80 last i checked, BFG on his OTHER 80. cant keep track with all his LC's!

I have a friend in Basalt that just rolled over 45K on the same size A/T ii with solid reviews.

Can you post a close up of the tire from the side and the tread?

Im trying to talk myself into the A/T ii but Im not sure they are aggressive enough. A nice ride on the hwy would be nice though.

325/60/18 ten ply checking in, eyeball reference

I'd consider getting the heavier and more durable rt tired but I don't think Toyo will be making 325s which is a must for me as I like em thick.

Just ordered a set for my Duramax GMC. in a 285 70 17 along with a set of 17x8.5 Method Mesh Race wheels.
I just sold the Duratracs I had on it because I was very un happy with treadwear. They also got VERY loud with only 13,300 miles on them. At the rate those tires were going they would have not made it past 30K miles. I am hoping the Toyo R/T's do better!!! Ill post pics as soon as I get them. Should be late next week!:cheers:

My favorite tire is toyo open county mt because it provides excellent traction in most all conditions.

Bump for update on sizes, performance?

325/60/18 ten ply checking in, eyeball reference

I'd consider getting the heavier and more durable rt tired but I don't think Toyo will be making 325s which is a must for me as I like em thick.

I love the wide stance. What wheels are those...what off-set...and what (if anything else) did you have to do to fit that width without rubbing...???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom