Toyo Open Country MT Vs Cooper STT Pro???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been basically sold on the Toyo MT for a while now. I drive good bit of highway miles. But I want really solid off road performance and i can deal with a LITTLE nose as long as it wears OK and rides straight over road imperfections. From what i read the Toyo MT was my best bet. But i am seeing some really good reviews of the Cooper STT Pro as the same type of tire. Any thoughts on the two for a long lasting, mildly civilized real off road tire?

I have been basically sold on the Toyo MT for a while now. I drive good bit of highway miles. But I want really solid off road performance and i can deal with a LITTLE nose as long as it wears OK and rides straight over road imperfections. From what i read the Toyo MT was my best bet. But i am seeing some really good reviews of the Cooper STT Pro as the same type of tire. Any thoughts on the two for a long lasting, mildly civilized real off road tire?

I can't answer your question... :( But can I ask you one?

How have your Toyo MT's held up as far as chunking...and how have they bit on the road? Any time spent in snow/icy conditions?

I'm interested in the Toyo MT's, but am concerned about being too slippery to handle the occasional icy condition. Also curious about noise level. I read your comments, but wasn't sure if you were looking at Coopers because you were Unhappy with the noise, etc. of the Toyos...or...? Thanks for any thoughts.

I can't answer your question... :( But can I ask you one?

How have your Toyo MT's held up as far as chunking...and how have they bit on the road? Any time spent in snow/icy conditions?

I'm interested in the Toyo MT's, but am concerned about being too slippery to handle the occasional icy condition. Also curious about noise level. I read your comments, but wasn't sure if you were looking at Coopers because you were Unhappy with the noise, etc. of the Toyos...or...? Thanks for any thoughts.

Sorry i have not had either of them.

Had the Cooper STT Pro and they were ok off the road. They did great on the highway also and road noise was not too bad.

Love my Toyo MTs. Have had them now for 5 yrs and use them year round. Really surprised how well they work in the winter, but of course they are no ice tire, but I just take it slow. Even wear and just noticed a couple nickel size chucks missing here and there. Just completed a wheeling trip in snow and had them down to 10-12 psi and they performed great.

We've just put STT Pro's on our BJ74 and are so far very pleased. Playing with air pressures still to see what works the best offroad, but have tried 16 and 15 psi and they have walked lines in Moab without spinning a tire. Road noise and tracking is very good, just a soft hum at the 55-65 speeds we've been running (but noticeably noisier when aired down from our usual 32psi street pressure)

The Cooper AT/3's we have on our GX470 are wearing like iron, and I'm betting these will be similar. Looking forward to more on and offroad time with these...first impressions of the STT Pro are excellent, and we'll see what I think of them after 6 months :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom