Builds Total Restoration 1997 40th Anniversary Cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A couple pics of the Prinsu roof rack
IMG_0216.JPG
IMG_0220.JPG
IMG_0219.JPG

Man you've got that thing sorted out, so nice!

Just ordered a bunch of so called "excellent/ restoration quality" interior trim parts from Cruiser Parts as well as from a salvage yard that had a clean LX450.
We will see what the parts look like when they arrive.
I should have my 80 series interior completed in a week. Then it is on to detailing the engine bay so it looks brand new :)
  • LX450 wood trim
  • Subwoofer installed into cargo box
  • New rebuilt seat belts (all)
  • New 40th Anniversary floor mats
  • New wood dash trim which matched LX450 wood trim
  • New soft white interior LEDs
  • New plastic clear cover for instrument custer
  • New glove box
  • New interior plastic trim panels

IMG_0255.JPG
engine bay detailed

IMG_0256.JPG
another pic

That is flat-out gorgeous.

I live on a 1/2 mile long graded road and that would last about three passes.....:lol:

If you don't let up you will not be able to use it..........:)

Santa came early today. I just got a shipment with like new LX450 door panels with the wood inserts as well as a wood center console! Thanks to a Mud member for a heads up on a salvage yard in Idaho that had a clean LX450 in stock. Now time to install. I'll need to swap some of my door panel parts into the LX450 panel based on which parts are in better condition.

What an amazing, detailed job you're doing. Fantastic!

Question about the paint job. It is my understanding that color-matched fender flare gaskets are no longer available. Are they paintable? Is that how you did yours?

Again, great job. If you ever decide to sell this rig, I'll be first in line!

What an amazing, detailed job you're doing. Fantastic!

Question about the paint job. It is my understanding that color-matched fender flare gaskets are no longer available. Are they paintable? Is that how you did yours?

Again, great job. If you ever decide to sell this rig, I'll be first in line!

The color matched gaskets are still available

LX450 wood transplant underway

image.jpeg

I do believe this is the prettiest Land Cruiser I've ever laid eyes on. I'd cover it in bubble wrap and keep it locked away in a temperature-controlled cargo container protected by vicious guard dogs.

Just finished installing all the LX450 wood trim as well as installing a wood dash kit from B&I (They have a kit that is made for an LX450 with matching wood)

For anyone looking to do this in the future. The wood isn't a complete plug and play conversion from an LX450 to a FZJ80.

• LX450 wood door panel strips have several posts that go through the actual leather door panel and are held on by small toothed washers. The same ones that hold the front cargo seat nets. I had my original door panels reupholstered when the leather was done a few months ago and they looked awesome. Much thicker than the original door panels. However they were too thick for the LX450 wood door strips to work :( so I sourced close to mint LX450 door panels from a salvage yard in Idaho after a tip from ginericLC.
  • The center console wood is also connected through the center shifter console with those same washers. Since the actual center shifter console in my 80 was better than the one from the salvage yard I removed the wood trim from the LX450 center console and installed it in my center console.
  • All the window switches and ashtray stuff is a direct swap out.

Interior shots of new wood trim
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Another shot
image.jpeg

The pictures look good. How thick were the new pieces? My beef with the original aftermarket kit that the dealer installed on my 94 must have been close to 1/8" thick. I thought it would have looked much better if it had been much thinner.

Not sure the exact thickness. It is the same as the factory LX wood trim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom