Builds Total Restoration 1997 40th Anniversary Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

new sunroof installed. The sunroof comes with the weatherstrip/ rubber molding. Dan mentioned that the weatherstrip/ sunroof rubber molding isnt available separately so I just bought an entire new unit.
In the course of replacing, we broke the plastic sunroof garnish trim :(
The sunroof garnish trim is only available in grey these days so we will need to refinish them to the tan color....

@citadel Are you still looking for intact oak sunroof garnish trim?

If you have them in great condition, I am interested

@S.CarolinaFZJ80
I started fresh with a new set of depos and did the quads in them.
I'll add high beam projectors to my older set as well when we have time

How did you get the Katzkin Leather? They don't show it on the website... I contacted them about leather for my 100 and they told me it wasn't available.

@Dwight S --I am not sure if they have leather for a 100; I know they do for an 80

How much was this? (and for the headliner), looking to redo interior

Not sure the exact amount. Do a search as I posted the price several months ago.
Sub $1000 I think...

just completed a bunch of work this weekend on the rig:

• Replaced the steering pump, o-ring, metal gasket and all the associated hoses
  • Changed my diff fluid since it has been 300 miles since we regeared
  • changed oil and filter
  • Cleaned up some wiring to the battery
time to rest :)

Finally got my rebuilt rear cargo drawers installed. Fits like it would if it came from the factory!
Pics to come soon...

Replaced windshield washer fluid diverter valve. Super simple job. :)

I didn't have a ton of info in the thread on it. I basically outsourced the retrofit to HID Illusionz.
Google them.

Installed the Prinsu roof rack this weekend. Damn there are a lot of parts.. And no instructions!!
Looks sweet though...

Awesome build, I have a few questions about the Katzkins. I see that Katzkin makes the covers like the Lexus seat covers without the strips, did you notice what they do on the underside of the cover to make it fit the foam cushion where the strips would be ? Im looking at Katzkins for my lx450 but they only make them for the Toyota. Im thinking the Landcruiser covers will work on the Lexus cushions. Do you have any pics of the underside of the covers ?
Steve

@steveLX450 - I dont have picks of the underside. Sorry!

Awesome build, I have a few questions about the Katzkins. I see that Katzkin makes the covers like the Lexus seat covers without the strips, did you notice what they do on the underside of the cover to make it fit the foam cushion where the strips would be ? Im looking at Katzkins for my lx450 but they only make them for the Toyota. Im thinking the Landcruiser covers will work on the Lexus cushions. Do you have any pics of the underside of the covers ?
Steve
I could be wrong but I do not believe the LX and LC covers will interchange as the cushions and pleats are quite different. Last I heard, the LX drivers lower cushions were sold out at least in the US. Hopefully this has change and Lexus made a new batch but I doubt it.
I got my LX leathers from Shane...but that's another story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom