Top SECRET FJ55 build for an injured friend (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This has been an awesome read, Stevan your 55 looks great and its totally to a cause above many others , Well done to everyone involved and to keep a surprise, then to receive your cruiser the way you have described is out of this world..

Im only new to this site and so glad i found a place where we all share the same interest in various parts of the world, MAKES ME REALISE WHERE THE GOOD PEOPLE HIDE

So I have some explaining to do! As we got closer to the end of this project, we became more paranoid that it was impossible to pull it off without him knowing. So I posted a small fib about the engine seizing, to throw Steve off. I figured if he did find the website, maybe he would think the rig wouldn't be ready in time for our annual family trip to Moab. We at least had to try for the element of surprise! I thought long and hard about how to tactfully lie to you guys, especially after you've been so supportive. So for that I'm truly sorry!
And as for you Rosey, I can't believe I'm saying thanks for following the post so closely "and for calling me out". I couldn't believe you're attentiveness, and willingness to post everything that contradicted what I was lying about! I was dying, but laughing at the same time when I read you're post. So I owe you a true apology. I'M SORRY!
Hopefully I get the chance to meet all of you some day, and spend some time out on the trail together. I'd really like to shake everyones hand and personally thank you. I'm sorry about the delay on this post, but I recently took on a new job venture and it has been consuming all the time that I used to spend on the BADFJ55. Truly I'd rather be working on the pig, but although it pays in a much better way, it just doesn't cover the mortgage.
One last thing. I'd like to give a truly heart-felt thank you to Carl Campbell and his wonderful family for the endless hours and efforts towards the amazing body work and army green tank pain that he donated. It looks amazing. I'd also like to thank the Guys at Xtreme Xccessories in Layton for the awesome window tint. Thank you to Young Chevrolet for the hook-up on the exterior bedliner, and to Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters for the CNT on the axles and the great pricing on the many many parts. Also the support from everyone on this site and on Wasatch Cruisers. We couldn't have done this without all of you. I suggest you look anyone of these guys up if you ever need help. They've all been exceptional to work with! I'd also like to thank my woderful family and closest friends "members, and non-members" of this site for your generous donations. Otherwise I would've had to sell my Jeep or wife, to fund this project!
Last but not least: a special thanks to Todd "Cruiserboy" and Dan "Slowerthanu" for the endless hours of manual labor and planning that you devoted. You don't know how much it truly means to me. And of course to my beautiful and understanding wife for not only putting up with me, but supporting me with this project. I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT ANY AND ALL OF YOU, AND FOR THAT I'M TRULY IN YOU'RE DEBT! THANK YOU ALL!

P.S. I love you Bro. thanks for all you do for us!

Gerber out!

Good god. I just read my last post and felt like I was watching the Grammy's with the closed captioning on. My bad! Hope evryone has enjoyed the build, I'll try and post some more pics in a few weeks. Thanks again to all involved. It's truly been an amazing project! Cheers!!! :cheers: :beer: :cheers:

So I have some explaining to do! As we got closer to the end of this project, we became more paranoid that it was impossible to pull it off without him knowing. So I posted a small fib about the engine seizing, to throw Steve off. I figured if he did find the website, maybe he would think the rig wouldn't be ready in time for our annual family trip to Moab. We at least had to try for the element of surprise! I thought long and hard about how to tactfully lie to you guys, especially after you've been so supportive. So for that I'm truly sorry!
And as for you Rosey, I can't believe I'm saying thanks for following the post so closely "and for calling me out". I couldn't believe you're attentiveness, and willingness to post everything that contradicted what I was lying about! I was dying, but laughing at the same time when I read you're post. So I owe you a true apology. I'M SORRY!
Hopefully I get the chance to meet all of you some day, and spend some time out on the trail together. I'd really like to shake everyones hand and personally thank you. I'm sorry about the delay on this post, but I recently took on a new job venture and it has been consuming all the time that I used to spend on the BADFJ55. Truly I'd rather be working on the pig, but although it pays in a much better way, it just doesn't cover the mortgage.
One last thing. I'd like to give a truly heart-felt thank you to Carl Campbell and his wonderful family for the endless hours and efforts towards the amazing body work and army green tank pain that he donated. It looks amazing. I'd also like to thank the Guys at Xtreme Xccessories in Layton for the awesome window tint. Thank you to Young Chevrolet for the hook-up on the exterior bedliner, and to Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters for the CNT on the axles and the great pricing on the many many parts. Also the support from everyone on this site and on Wasatch Cruisers. We couldn't have done this without all of you. I suggest you look anyone of these guys up if you ever need help. They've all been exceptional to work with! I'd also like to thank my woderful family and closest friends "members, and non-members" of this site for your generous donations. Otherwise I would've had to sell my Jeep or wife, to fund this project!
Last but not least: a special thanks to Todd "Cruiserboy" and Dan "Slowerthanu" for the endless hours of manual labor and planning that you devoted. You don't know how much it truly means to me. And of course to my beautiful and understanding wife for not only putting up with me, but supporting me with this project. I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT ANY AND ALL OF YOU, AND FOR THAT I'M TRULY IN YOU'RE DEBT! THANK YOU ALL!

P.S. I love you Bro. thanks for all you do for us!

Gerber out!

I get it now, thanks for explaining how it could be running one week then seized the next. I'm just glad it wasn't actually seized! Too funny. I totally understand why you had to say it was seized.

It seems like all the pieces of the puzzle really came together on this build. It is for a person who needed to be thanked for all his good deeds.

Cheers!

I get it now, thanks for explaining how it could be running one week then seized the next. I'm just glad it wasn't actually seized! Too funny. I totally understand why you had to say it was seized.

It seems like all the pieces of the puzzle really came together on this build. It is for a person who needed to be thanked for all his good deeds.

Cheers!

The pieces really did. Thanks to this project I now understand the snowball effect! The original idea was to just make it a reliable street-worthy rig. "TBI and maybe power steering". But with everyones help it seemed to grow by the minute. I just want to say thanks again to everyone who donated money, parts, service time and support. You guys are awesome. We're trying to put together a local trail run in SLC area. I'll let everyone know when we get some solid dates and ideas. Thanks again!

Just checked back in as a lurker for an update.

All I can say is,
Build team and suppliers:
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

To the deserving recipient:
:cheers::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::cheers:

This is one of the coolest deeds I've heard of in a while.

WOW!!! What an awesome story!!! Friends like you are invaluable and extremely rare...

Stevan, Thank you for all you have done to keep justice in our country. Mostly I am sorry to hear of your sacrifice.

This is a great example that good things happen to good people!!!

Thanks Again!!!

-Nick

wow i cried reading this. much respect to the police officers who risk thier lives to rid society of those who dont deserve to live among us and much respect to the people who restored and donated and helped give this brave man a much needed thankyou for doing the dangerous job he does. respect.

So, a quick update. Stevans FJ55 is doing well, but not as good as he is. Stevan is moving around very well and making a strong recovery.

Not to put too much emphasis on the danger of the job, but 6 of my buddies were shot two days ago in my area and I wanted to get the word out.

Two injured officers' conditions upgraded | ksl.com

Again, thank you everyone, Stevan now daily drives the old pig.

SNot to put too much emphasis on the danger of the job, but 6 of my buddies were shot two days ago in my area and I wanted to get the word out.

What a sad deal, hope the survivors can get back to normal as fast as possible.

SAgain, thank you everyone, Stevan now daily drives the old pig

:cool:

Hey folks , new to the board but an old hand in the offroad world. Most know me as Sarge, the Weber guy associated with Toyota and Suzuki Weber mods ....

I've been involved in the past with projects like this, wish I'd joined sooner to make some sort of contribution . My eyes are nearly shot from reading this entire thread and my heart goes out to all those who helped in any sort of way . Truly shows there is some hope left for Humanity ....

Stevan, keep up the recovery ! I've been hurt at work myself and know sometimes it's so hard to be motivated but it looks like you have little issue with that part . Glad to see you are driving the 55 a lot , rigs like that deserve to be used, no looked at .

Again, just wanted to say hi , and awesome thread and build .
Any more pics out there of the 55 ??
Sarge

Again, just wanted to say hi , and awesome thread and build .
Any more pics out there of the 55 ??
Sarge

There will be a lot more.

we actually have a trip planned from May 19th through the 23rd in Moab. Stevan wanted to get the word out to see if ANYONE was interested in joining us. I know that a lot of people will be attending Cruise Moab earlier in the month but I still wanted to get the invite out. It is unknown what trails will be run.

I am going to cross post this to the Wasatch Cruisers site.

I will try to find some pictures later.

Dan

thumbs up

Amazing friends. Exactley why I choose law enforcement as a carreer. Havent found a job yet but a have the degree and my OPOTA certification, makes the waiting seem worth it. hopefully a job opens up soon, cant wait.

I too am new to this group, i mostly hang out on jeep forums because of my DD. However, i own a 71.5 FJ-40. Anyway, I am happy to hear the 55 got help and proud to see the humanity of this group. And as far as my comment to LE. I am Ga POST Certified, but never hired because of my physical condition (overweight). But many of my friends are cops, most are some of the most helpful and friendlies guys you meet. Some are not. But again, glad to see the people here stand up for each other and help.:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom