Top SECRET FJ55 build for an injured friend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Donation information!

Ok we've had a few requests for the donation information. First ot all let me say "THANK YOU" to all that have donated. this project wouldn't be even close to where it is without you. Here's the link for the donation page. It's under my wifes name "MaryAnn Gerber" I had her set up the account. Thanks again!

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...63663d3faee8d9384d85353843a619606282818e091d0

CNT

Kurt, Hang in there buddy. We thought the axle was ready to go, but Dan informed me that we have to remove the shock mounts etc. so he's working on that. We'll get it to you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

And then my grinder broke and then and then and then.

So, here are some much needed updates for everyone.

The Housing is with Kurt, the Rear springover is done, the bumper is mounted, the rockers are replaced, the hydroboost and power steering are done and only need everything else.
sideprofile55.jpg
hydroboost.jpg
steeringbox.jpg

Looks great guys. Great build for a great cause.

Sorry I cannot contribute any $$$ as it's tight on my end. Let me know if there's anything I can help with (looking in junkyards, etc) and I'll see what I can do!

I wish I was still in UT to help out with labor on this great project. Good luck with it.

Progress update

Sorry it's been so long since our last update. We've been really busy and held up on funds, but we've made do with what we can. Here's where we're at so far.
Rock-Rails are done, except for behind the rear wheels. Not sure what our plan is there after cutting out so much rust and bondo????

We've got the rear axle in, new brake lines installed, and the parts ordered for the rear traction bar.

Front axle isntalled, Custom free high-steer set up with some donated parts from the Red Dwarf we purchased earlier. Still trying to figure out what tie-rod to use from the pitman to the drag-link. Having a hard time finding something that goes from an FJ60 box to an FJ40 knuckle. Any ideas?

New Pioneer stereo and speakers installed. E.C.M. wired and counted. Countless hours of time spent repairing window regulators, window channels and doorlocks/hinges to make sure it all works proper before we installed all the interior panels.

We shortened the rear frame, and tucked the existing rear bumper right underneath the tailgate to help the departure angle.

I think that's about it for now, sorry the pics kinda suck but I was in a hurry. I'll try to get some better ones up soon.

He still doesn't seem to know that the pig is missing, but we're kind of on a time crunch because we have to get our own rigs back on the road. So we were thinking of unveiling it to him sometime in early April. It doesn't look like the police impound idea will work as he's still not back to work and probably won't be for at least another 18 months or so. I'm open to any other ideas you guys might have on how to surprise him. Thanks for all your help! and a special thanks to Mike and Julene at Summit Machine, and Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters. I hope all goes well with your shop, and please let me know what we can do to help you. We owe you big-time!
02-24-11 002.jpg

02-24-11 003.jpg

02-24-11 005.jpg
02-24-11 002.jpg
02-24-11 003.jpg
02-24-11 005.jpg

Just a few more!

Also forgot to mention the Shock towers that were donated from (I tried) thanks again. And the damn thing didn't even have a radio antenna, so I poked a hole in what was left of the fender, and she gotta Checker special!
02-24-11 013.jpg
02-24-11 014.jpg
02-24-11 015.jpg

Front tube fenders

Here's a few pics of the front tube fenders we worked on last weekend. Let me know what you think!
Steves cruiser 095 (Small).jpg
Steves cruiser 102 (Small).jpg
Steves cruiser 111 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
Great work. The view from the front gives it a mean stance. On the side of the front quarter panel is sheetmetal going on behind the wheel?

He still doesn't seem to know that the pig is missing, but we're kind of on a time crunch because we have to get our own rigs back on the road. So we were thinking of unveiling it to him sometime in early April. It doesn't look like the police impound idea will work as he's still not back to work and probably won't be for at least another 18 months or so. I'm open to any other ideas you guys might have on how to surprise him.

KSL wants to do a story on this. I PM'd you their contact information. I bet they'd be able to help set up a great unveil to surprise him.

Great work boys

I sent ya some $$$ via the paypal, great work. Your LC and LEO brother from Montana..:)

Thank you so much for the donation. We're getting so much closer. I'm going to try and post some video from my phone so bear with me! And honestly the donations have made this project possible :). Also KSL will be doing a story on it, and want to interview my brother when he gets it. I told them, nothing can air until after we deliver it. This is going to be awesome! Thanks to all who have helped!

Great work. The view from the front gives it a mean stance. On the side of the front quarter panel is sheetmetal going on behind the wheel?

Yes, we will be filling the piece in with the finest of sheetmetal. We're working on some paint schemes right now. I promise to get pics up soon!

Yes, we will be filling the piece in with the finest of sheetmetal. We're working on some paint schemes right now. I promise to get pics up soon!

Glad to hear that. How is the recipient of the rig doing?

Rick needs to get some pics up of the pig with my old 35's on it, looks awesome.

Now, I just need to get some new tires for my 40, ordered a Propane kit for it today.

Sneak peek

Here's a few pics from my phone. I'll get off my butt and get more posted soon. Let me know what you think!

2011-03-18 10 07 46.jpg

2011-03-18 10 08 03.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom