Todays wrenching (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup, we figured it would be easier to get welding done this way.

P1020408.JPG

That reminds me of the 80 rear set up.

Pulled my smog pump today after it seized recently (thankfully only in my driveway). 5 min job to pull and maybe an hour or less to open up and figure out why it froze. Someone had replaced one carbon strip w/ three thin metal strips and one had dislodged and was bent. I've got a idler pulley coming from OH but figure I'll get this cleaned up and either use as a backup or keep the pulley as backup. Rah me!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dropped my gas tank with the hopes of cleaning it out and reusing it, but it's not looking good...some pics of some of drained fuel, the inside of the tank from the filler, and the residue left after I poured the old gas into containers. Not worth trying to save that tank, correct?

Can anybody local use the old gas in a waste oil heater or similar? I have about 13 gallons or so.
IMG_5297.JPG
IMG_5300.JPG
IMG_5302.JPG

Replaced the stock gauges with no tach with some sweet Autometer gauges with a tach. Speedo is pretty much useless on a buggy but it completes the look. Plan to add volts and oil pressure in the future.

20160521_123727.jpg
20160521_123802.jpg

Now u have to learn how to drive a manual

Dropped my gas tank with the hopes of cleaning it out and reusing it, but it's not looking good...some pics of some of drained fuel, the inside of the tank from the filler, and the residue left after I poured the old gas into containers. Not worth trying to save that tank, correct?

Can anybody local use the old gas in a waste oil heater or similar? I have about 13 gallons or so.View attachment 1258607 View attachment 1258608 View attachment 1258609
So I have been thinking about your pixs. I know it could (not=big nasty task) simply be my sender in my tank, but could it be there is a layer of crud on the bottom and the float is stuck in it? My gas gauge is perpetually on empty. Once after a garage looked at it all of a sudden I had a level then it slowly disappeared by the next day. Previous to the garage I tried a bottle of seafoam and maybe I had a bit of a level after that so I tend to wonder if its caked with grim in the bottom of the tank. That and it only ever takes about 10-13gals at a time.

Remove rear seats, lift up carpet, open access port and pull out fuel pump and look inside and see. Also you can move the float by hand and see if the gauge on your dash moves. Pretty simple. Toyota made it easy.

Yeah, that's what I would recommend, too. Depending on the state of your rear carpet, you may just be able to pull that up w/o having to remove the seat. Nice little access port in the cargo area.

If you find you have a leaky / bad float or sender, I may have a spare one kicking around that I can part with.

Yeah, that's what I would recommend, too. Depending on the state of your rear carpet, you may just be able to pull that up w/o having to remove the seat. Nice little access port in the cargo area.

If you find you have a leaky / bad float or sender, I may have a spare one kicking around that I can part with.
Sweet! TY! Carpet is up, as with pad and bunch of the liner is scraped off (someone spilled a quart of oil back there once prior to me and the liner literally lifted up off the entire left half). I replaced carpet for the time being with three black sectional pieces from walmart, they make do for now. As I pm's Rick, cover is held on by two small screws which are not rusty but on so tight they wanted to strip. I sprayed a bunch of PB on them and walked away. The pixs of the chunky thick gas got me thinking hence my questions. Will see if they will turn soon (its too friggen hot for me to be out there right now) and if not will have to drill them out. I will keep your offer in mind. Very much appreciated!

The cover should be held down with three screws. Not two. And they should not be tight as they thread into plastic inserts.

The cover should be held down with three screws. Not two. And they should not be tight as they thread into plastic inserts.
okay so not under the carpet at the rear cargo? Moreso under the rear seats? Ugh, heat and me are not friends. *stomps foot while heading out the door....* If I could post pixs I would be again, mud and my cpu are not wanting to be friends.

Yes this is what you want.

his is what you want.
20160528_174133.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom