To Omaha and Lincoln NE area 80s owners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys ...

busy as s*** here... got orders to Okinawa Japan... I have my 96' 80 for sale, the one in my sig line. 211k miles $3500 to sell fast...

email me for pix Daniel Olsen 1 at mac dot com (no spaces change the at to you know the other "at" the one stays "1") or PM me... gotta move it soon so my next stop if no interest locally will be carmax (puke)

Thanks,

Dan

Send me pics please.
Will PM you EM

TY!

Well after talking about it all winter I finally got some work done on my Cruiser! I got my 2.5 heavy lift on (Old Man EMU) and my Bump it Offroad step slider (which I got Rhino-lined) and rear bumper/tire carrier.

I haven't done the caster correction yet but it drives really nice with out it so I will wait and see if I need to get it done here (I haven't taken it out on the interstate but drives nice on the hwy).

All in all I am really happy with the way everything has come out. It took us Friday evening through Sunday afternoon to get everything done. Next up I think I am going to work on a rear drawer system.

Sorry for the ****py cell phone pics I will get some better ones here soon.
2.5 Lift.jpg
Sliders.jpg
Rear Bumper.jpg

Well after talking about it all winter I finally got some work done on my Cruiser! I got my 2.5 heavy lift on (Old Man EMU) and my Bump it Offroad step slider (which I got Rhino-lined) and rear bumper/tire carrier.

I haven't done the caster correction yet but it drives really nice with out it so I will wait and see if I need to get it done here (I haven't taken it out on the interstate but drives nice on the hwy).

All in all I am really happy with the way everything has come out. It took us Friday evening through Sunday afternoon to get everything done. Next up I think I am going to work on a rear drawer system.

Sorry for the ****py cell phone pics I will get some better ones here soon.

Very nice!

Get the CC bushings installed. Really. Just do it before the thing grabs onto a diagonal crack in the pavement and kills you. OK?

Most likely you'll find that you're now using two hands to steer - all the time. If you take your eyes off the road then back up a quarter second later - you might not be in the lane quite right anymore. It gets kind of spooky with even a bit of negative castor. Yes, you can still drive it if you're paying attention, and it really doesn't feel that bad - or so you'll convince yourself.

Get it done and it's a night/day difference in handling.

Nice stuff. I like it. Maybe someday........
Roof Rack????:hmm:

Roof Rack????:hmm:

I don't travel much with the gutter mounts and cross bars on there unless I need them, which has been a little here and there. I will someday get a roof rack but not in the near future.

I plan on getting the cast done here, but I have no real plans to take her to far from home right now, it will get done though.

My you have been a busy boy. I want to see those sliders in person. Speaking of...any chance of us getting together again? Tuttle Run maybe? Badm you still a slave to Tony or is your schedule a little less crazy?

Ya, still hanging in there. Have 20 tix to first baseball game across the hwy and don't have time to go. Making time for the Husker Spring game Sat. though. 72hrs/wk for the last 3 weeks. 3 classes between UNO and Metro.

Tech-worthiness: I made homebrew seafoam and douched the 80 last week before changing the oil. Haven't had a chance to drive it to see any difference. Same process really helped my Ford 302 with 175k. Improved throttle response and wider power curve is noticeable.

On tap soon for 80:
PCV, grommet, hose
PHH (It finally started leaking)
Both idler pulleys
Center and rear fluid change
Transmission fluid flush
OME med springs and castor bushings
Spark related apparati

Boys:
Hope all is well.* I had a lady from Lincoln PM me last week through 'mud that she had an 80 and a 40 that she was looking to get rid of.* They were her late husband's, and he passed away after a battle with cancer about a year ago.* She lives 5min from my house.* Her post is below:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/484623-what-did-he-do-2.html
Anyway Dan (from NM) and I went and saw both trucks Sunday...she is definitely going to sell the 80 ('97 from CA, 136K, no lockers, 2nd owner--see below) and on the fence on the 40..
1997 Lexus LX 450
I am going to clean*them up and detail as best I can, then get some pics for her of both, but thought I would let you guys know of them, you know, just in case you need a spare.* I am going to put a battery in for her this weekend in the 80, and am going to try to find her some garage space so she doesn't have to leave them outside.* Boards are off--285 bridgstones are on, and that is about it for the 80.

Hopefully this gets out... but if you haven't noticed we have a Nebraska section under the Clubhouse tab! Thanks again Woody.

Hopefully we can direct some traffic through here and gather some interest.

New "Corn" Cruiser

New to the forum, but long time reader of everything here. Finally succumbed to the sickness:whoops: and bought a 95 LC to throw money at! Good to hear that there a few cruiser heads around the Omaha region, as I will be leaning on your experiences to find a good mechanic and/or shop. Happy trails!

New to the forum, but long time reader of everything here. Finally succumbed to the sickness:whoops: and bought a 95 LC to throw money at! Good to hear that there a few cruiser heads around the Omaha region, as I will be leaning on your experiences to find a good mechanic and/or shop. Happy trails!

W E L C :flipoff2: M E... I used George Witt Service in Lincoln they only work on Toyoto, Honda, and Acura. They were awesome to work with. The Omaha guys are a great bunch of guys with lots of info so don't hesitate to ask.

Let's see some pics of your truck!

Thanks Jrob for the welcome, the cruiser is stock with no lockers and nothing special about it except that it's mine! Found a "Harley Green" with a clean undercarriage to build off of. I'm more of a concrete champion then an offroader, but looking forward to adding to the blank canvas if it proves to be a reliable machine for me. Will post some picks once I add anything special and can show my worthiness to the forum! Thanks again for welcome, looking forward to meeting more corn cruisers:cheers:!

I noticed, driving by on 84th St in Omaha, that Investment Motors has a black 97. I swung around and took a quick look. Looks like 184,000 miles, diff locks......just in case someone is interested. 84th St, south of F Street.

Cleaned out the attic and came across a few 80 series front bumper bits from my 93. I don't want to ship but if any of you local guys need them or want them for spares come and get them. Only requirement is to drive your rig over so I can see it.
I smashed the large center portion of the bumper on a huge boulder years ago. It was beyond repair but everything else survived.
Left and right end caps with top trim and mounting brackets. Center section top trim. Center section plastic inserts. The center section top trim will need new plastic mounting clips. They are all broken.
PICTURES

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom