TLCA Raffle Truck build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ed - You're the man to keep the magic smoke where it belongs.

Bart - we're gonna keep you busyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Thanks for stepping up everyone!

Mark - I'll be sure to get the carbs corraled for you.

I have this winch mount bumper if you want it... it is on Long Island, NY...
IMG_0009.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:bounce:We have a green light for the Raffle Truck Work Day at Iron Pig Off Road on Saturday (4/30) starting at 9am.:bounce:
I assume there is a contingent that is willing to meet us at the Cracker Barrel on Rt. 234 and I-95 around 7:30am.

If you are planning to take away parts to refurbish at home, please come with a container to keep everything together.

Bring hand tools if you have them, preferably marked so you can identify what's yours at the end of the day.

I'll be taking inventory as the parts come off so make sure you check-in with me before you leave so I know what is going where and with whom so I don't waste time looking for it later.

We have a gas grill and Cam has agreed to dose her down with Kroil/PB-Blaster a couple of times this week so get your tools in a bag and steal a few med-large plastic storage bins from the :princess: and head down to IPOR next Saturday.

Please post-up so I can get a headcount. Also, please let me know if you can bring drinks, chips, paper plates, condiments, etc.

The Raffle Truck is inside at IPOR so this will be a work day, rain or shine. If the weather is good, we will also start striping parts off the donor truck as well (we already know quite a few of the parts that will be needed).

If you can't make it to IPOR on Saturday, but plan to rebuild one or more parts, let me know so we can work out how to get the part(s) to you. If you are in the DC area it might be easier if we bring some of the parts north, inside the beltway, and you can collect them there.

Thanks everyone!

Jon

I have this winch mount bumper if you want it... it is on Long Island, NY...

Thanks Mark! We haven't decided what bumper to put on it yet. We have a stock bumper with slight damage so your generous offer gives up another option. I will send you a PM after I talk to the build committee.

Thanks again,

Jon

Do you still need a windshield?

Mark

Thanks Mark! Are you referring to just the glass or the frame? I don't recall the condition of either on the donor truck, but will make a point of checking next Saturday.

I know the glass on my 71 is getting hazy around the edges (I believe that is due to delamination of the glass) and I suspect that is the case with the donor truck windshield. What is the condition of the one you have?

Also, regarding the bumper. We haven't decided those details of the build just yet. If we were to accept your generous offer but then got a new winch bumper donated by one of the manufacturers, would you be okay with us selling yours to raise funds for other parts or supplies for the build? I'm going to put out an appeal for donations, but we anticipate needing to raise some cash for things like rebuild kits, fluids, paint, etc. Just a thought and again, we are not sure where the build will go as far as bumpers are concerned, just thinking ahead. I understand if you'd rather we not sell it to fund the build. Let me know your feelings on this, and again, THANK YOU!

Jon

Updated parts list...see post#4

Thanks Mark! Are you referring to just the glass or the frame?

Both

What is the condition of the one you have?

I'll double check but I'm pretty sure I have a spare glass part if need be too.

If we were to accept your generous offer but then got a new winch bumper donated by one of the manufacturers, would you be okay with us selling yours to raise funds

Yes

Jon

Thanks Mark!

Thanks Mark! Are you referring to just the glass or the frame?

Both

What is the condition of the one you have?

I'll double check but I'm pretty sure I have a spare glass part if need be too.

Mark - We can use the glass and probably the windshield frame as the donor truck one needs some work and the parts truck does as well. Can you send a pic of the bad parts for the frame you have?

I'm a looser... the FIVE windshield frames I have are all top mount wiper style - I guess I got rid of the later ones a while ago. I'm sorry to have gotten you off track on that...

Mark

Mark - No problem! Thanks for checking.

I'm a looser... the FIVE windshield frames I have are all top mount wiper style - I guess I got rid of the later ones a while ago. I'm sorry to have gotten you off track on that...

Mark

Heh. I'll keep you in mind for when I roll my 71 :lol:

Jeff -

Tried to send you a PM, but your Inbox is full.

Yeah, a couple years ago I went from 500 PMs allowed to 50, I think I currently have a hundred or so filling it up. :meh:

Email works just fine and you know what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom