TLCA Raffle Truck build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great News!

Rob Matzell has located a ride for the Raffle truck from D'Animal's place CA to IPOR in early January. We need to raise about $1000 to cover fuel costs.

I'm going to ask on the TLCA forum if there are any clubs willing to donate some money to help cover this expense. I will also ask our club to kick in as we discussed in recent meetings.

We be will doing most of the wrench turning with our brothers from Bay to Blue Ridge as well as some independent minded guys that just aren't joiners but Cruiserheads. Several of us will also probably end up covering some of the consumable materials and supplies (fluids, sandpaper, cutting wheels, etc.). I'll keep track of who gives what so appropriate thanks can be metted out when the project is finished.

Thanks for your support on this!

Thats great news Jon. This will be a great project.

I found a $600 Hardtop and rear Ambi doors if you are all interested. I have not seen it in person but they claim it is rust free.

If you are interested after you see the pics, I can go and get it and put it on the rig before transportation begins.

AirCruiser here on MUD is the one with the hardtop. If you decide to possibly go with it, he may be able to post pics if someone asks him.

Last edited:
I have a couple of other "irons in the fire" to see about a lower price. The guy that I found so far is 100% legite, I have met him, watched him race ect and it would be all enclosed all the way here so there is plenty of room for the other parts ect. The other good thing is that he would deliver door to door, most others are only partially deliveries and would require a lot more leg work and multiple carriers.

This shipment would be the first week of Jan so we need to let him no as soon as possible before he commits to another load.

Rob

My suggestion is that TLCA pay for 1/2 of the shipment and CLCC and BBRC pay for the other half.

TLCA will make there money back and the two clubs can donate the other half

What do you guys think

Cam

My suggestion is that TLCA pay for 1/2 of the shipment and CLCC and BBRC pay for the other half.

TLCA will make there money back and the two clubs can donate the other half

What do you guys think

Cam

That sounds like an excellent idea to me.

I second that.

Chris

We have commitments for most of the funds needed to move the truck and I expect more to come in this weekend so I've asked Rob to make the travel arrangements.

For anyone waiting to see what develops, now would be a good time to step up with a pledge of funds to give us some operating money to cover the details. We are also looking for pledges to replace missing parts. If you have any, please send me a PM and I will update the list of missing to show that we have your donation.

Thanks Everyone!

Jon

I found a $600 Hardtop and rear Ambi doors if you are all interested. I have not seen it in person but they claim it is rust free.

If you are interested after you see the pics, I can go and get it and put it on the rig before transportation begins.

AirCruiser here on MUD is the one with the hardtop. If you decide to possibly go with it, he may be able to post pics if someone asks him.

I don't yet have sufficient funds committed to buy the hard top and ambi doors at this time. I think many are waiting in the wings to see if we get this truck moving . Anyway, if anyone on the east coast is interested in the hardtop and ambi doors you can kick in some gas money and it will come along with the raffle truck. Just contact AirCruiser and let Dan and me know.

Do we have a title for this truck? I just looked through all the pictures and it looks like both vin plates are missing along with a lot of random parts. Has anyone looked at the frame number and verified it against the title? It would really suck to ship this thing out here only to not be able to register it.

Jeff Zepp has the Title and Vin Plates. They do match the frame #'s.

Do we have a title for this truck? I just looked through all the pictures and it looks like both vin plates are missing along with a lot of random parts. Has anyone looked at the frame number and verified it against the title? It would really suck to ship this thing out here only to not be able to register it.

But has any decision been made where to title the truck cause as of right now it is still in the PO name and not in Mark's or TLCA's

Would it be better to leave it as is until the truck is done and then whoever wins it would title it then. Is this possible ?

The only problem with that is getting insurance for it during the build

What do we need insurance for? We're building the truck for TLCA not for us. If need be have everyone sign a wavier that touches it or they don't work on it. Who's going to pay for the insurance? is TLCA going to cover this? It seems like we're going to do all the work, we're putting up the money to get it out here not TLCA and from what I understand someone in TLCA wanted us to buy the truck and then do the build.
We're not going to tag and drive the truck so the title should stay with TLCA and if they want insurance then let them pay for it.
I appoligize for the rant.

Don't sound like a rant!
Sounds like someone took the sugar coating off.
Thornton is right we are just the labor it is TLCA's truck.
I'm all for helping the cause; but I for one can't afford much more than spending my time.
And I don't have a lot of that right now.

Chris

What do we need insurance for? We're building the truck for TLCA not for us. If need be have everyone sign a wavier that touches it or they don't work on it. Who's going to pay for the insurance? is TLCA going to cover this? It seems like we're going to do all the work, we're putting up the money to get it out here not TLCA and from what I understand someone in TLCA wanted us to buy the truck and then do the build.
We're not going to tag and drive the truck so the title should stay with TLCA and if they want insurance then let them pay for it.
I appoligize for the rant.

What he said.

From my understanding this is one of the things that has kept the project idle for the past year and half. Sorry to open a can of worms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom