TLC on UsedVictoria thread... (ongoing) (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Graham needs another project. :D

Or someone could talk this guy down a couple g's and swap the BJ70 drive train in to this clean LJ78 ( 1992 land cruiser prado ). Could even swap the heavy duty front from the 70 to the 78 to give it the right look. Could take it further and use the 70 parts to make the 78 LHD. Fairly big project, but would be a nice combo when done.

i feel like you want our approval and a bit of help....

Those were cool cars in their time. I owned a couple...had a lot of fun with them. That one is surprisingly clean. Most have long since rusted away.

I always thought It'd be fun to put it's drive train under a 2Dr Tercel (Turtle). You'd loose all the functionality, but the shorter wheel base would be fun.

i feel like you want our approval and a bit of help....

It's a project I always thought would be neat if the donor trucks were cheap enough. To be honest it's not worth the effort for me at this point. I'm pretty happy with my truck how it is now.

Isn't there some kind of Land Cruiser collector on Salt Spring? Would it be the same person?

Definitely interesting... dam ill health.

Have to say he'll do better selling it with some pics posted. It could be 75% finished or need 100s of hours work.

Yup, from my experience, 75% is about hundreds of hours of work left.

This sounds very interesting:

$2,500 · Project

$2,500 · Project

Surprise surprise, my dad snagged this one up. All in pieces but damn it's clean. The old man knew what he was doing and re-did everything. You could eat off the frame, all body parts are rust free, new suspension, came with a bunch of original papers and books and pictures, and a 4 bolt 350 mated to a 4 speed ready to be thrown in. Gonna become an awesome, clean, nicely modified rig.

Surprise surprise, my dad snagged this one up. All in pieces but damn it's clean. The old man knew what he was doing and re-did everything. You could eat off the frame, all body parts are rust free, new suspension, came with a bunch of original papers and books and pictures, and a 4 bolt 350 mated to a 4 speed ready to be thrown in. Gonna become an awesome, clean, nicely modified rig.

Thats awesome. So what is it? 40? 45? 42? I suspected that it was a good find.

FJ80...someone needs to low ball this guy...I'm thinking $1000 has a nice ring to it.

$3,500 · 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80

$3,500 · 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80

55110946_934.jpg

3F.......turd of an engine, not FF rear axle

3F.......turd of an engine, not FF rear axle

Yeah, I'd say it's parts potential only. Or maybe a diesel swap project, but like you say lack of FF is a drag. Definitely way over priced, thats for sure.

Agree diesel swap for sure Nick...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom