Tissue please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since I'm always crying when my heap overheats I thought it would be handy to have some tissues close by. I can't open the window anyway since I have a rack on the roof so I stuck this tissue holder there. Works good.
Bill

John,
When I built it I made it as low as possible because of the weight. It is only about one half inch above the roof. Would you happen to know where that storage deal came from you posted in your link. Looks like something I could use. Thanks!
Bill

now thats a rack! got any more pics of it?

I made the bungee net one night years ago, just some bulk bungee cord, hog rings and some zip ties, very handy to stuff loose(light) crap.

Wow...

That shot is sweeeeett. Photo Cruiser, what type of work do you do, strictly location stuff?

yeah I know off topic, but like tissue is so important :D

I'm a studio photographer full time, with a landscape and sports and people in my free-time addiction

Thanks John - pretty creative! :bow:

Photo_Cruiser,
Nature and Wildlife although I don't push it. First, there is no money in it and second I really don't want to be in business again. I camped in that spot for a couple of days with the ice melting and crashing down. I Photoshopped the sky as it was just a washed out gray.
Here's another shot of the rack as requested. Sorry SOR folks.
Bill

Hey Photoman.

In the last pic, is that a screen in your rear slider window? Is it a custom job?  Could you post a closeup pic of it? Thats a good idea, especially here in the bug country of The Great White North.

:givemebeer:

Jomama,
Ya it's custom. I made them out of Oak. They are a little tricky since they have to fit the curve of the glass and the taper/step front to back. I just routed a groove around the back and put in some No-see-um screen. They are just held in with a bead of silicone caulking. They need refinishing since they have been on for about four years. The screens do need to be in tight. The first trip I took they were getting sucked loose going down the highway. I have an inverter and electric fan so at night when I sleep I can get some cross ventilation. FWIW I also made some front screens out of No-see-um screen. I just cut the screen out a little bigger than the front windows and glued on a bunch of refrigerator magnets. They work nice if I stop and to eat etc. I just unroll them and stick them to the outside of the windows. The are not good right now in high winds (need more magnets). If you want a pic just let me know.
Bill

NICE! Thanks for the beta.
At first glance of the original pic I assumed it was just a insert for when the window is slid open. The fact that the permanent is even better.....

:givemebeer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom