Tire Pressure For Bfg All Terrain Ko (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.geocities.com
Hi folks, I was curious as to what tire pressure you use for driving around town or high way with BFG All Terrain KO, say 31-33" tires. I am using 30psi but they still look deflated? I called BFG and they told me use whatever your Toyota Owners manuls recommends. I told the guy " the original tire is totally diffent genius!":doh: .

I had those tires on my FJ62 for almost 4 years. I ran them anywhere from 30 to 50 PSI. Best balance for me was about 45 PSI. Rougher ride, but best mileage. The ride depends largely on the suspension and shocks on your truck. Pulling a heavy trailer I once put almost 60 psi in the rears. You can experiment with different PSI front to rear for different rides.

i run 42psi and they work great.

I've been running 35 front and 45 rear for the last 6 years. The half assed theory was that the higher pressure in the rear was for the extra weight of roof racks, roller draws, camping gear etc.
Now I think about it though, the bullbar and engine probably weigh a teeny bit more than that!!
Might have to rethink it, but it does seem to work both in terms of ride and tyre longevity.

bax, I actually want a soft ride and good looks. Right now at 30 my tires look too flat...I guess i could go up to 35-38. Whats your take on different pressure up front ? Rique

i'm currently running 36, but will likely bump to 40 or so for the marginal help with mileage. 36 looks nice and full and the ride isn't harsh at all. this on 33s.

I've got two sets of BFG AT's, both 31x10.50. I keep the rear at 44, front at 42. Gets good mileage that way, and keeping them a little harder seems to help in cornering. I used to keep them closer to 30, but that was pretty soft for the highway, and they always looked flat. The first set is still on my 4Runner, 5 years and counting.

I have not heard any tire manufactorers recomending different pressures front to rear on a "SUV" type truck.. On big rigs, RVs and dually 1 tons yes, different pressure F/R is sometimes recommended. I run 38psi for all around use in my 33x9.5 MTs front and rear, less on rocks and sand)

Going higher pressure you might as well keep them even. 2-5psi is not going to make a noticable difference in ride, (unless you go real low with one end or the other, that makes no sense)

pick a pressure within the tire's limitations that suits your use, higher for road use, lower for trails. Carry a pump maybe. Keep it simple..

30 is too low for 31-33s, unless your off road or mixed driving conditions.
35psi+ would be better for around town etc, yes they will ride harsher as the pressure goes up, some cruiser sway will dissapear..

just an opinion that's all.

JON

I was running about 33 psi in my BFG 33x12.5 R15s for around town, but bumped them up to 38 for a roadtrip this weekend and got about 3 more miles for each gallon (up to 15 from 12). Rougher ride, but good numbers!

Damn ! I'm very impresed what pressures ususally uses your tires .. mine always are at 28 PSI max for normal drivind ( on road )

Land Cruiser 100 series. I run them at 22 PSI on the street and 15 off road. Wear has been even with rotation. I have 35,000 miles on them and about half of the tread is left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom