Tire fittment on lifted Prado 150 / GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys I put an OME 50mm lift on my 2011 Prado and am trying to figure out the largest tire I can fit w/o rubbing issues. I know a 285/70/17 will fit from the prado point site, but they are constrained by their road laws in Australia. I don't have such constraints in the Philippines and would like to fit 285/75/17's if they will work. The wheels I'd like to use are 17x9 0mm offset moving the wheel about an inch further out than the stock rims. Thanks in advance for the help.

This is my 12 GX460 with 285/70/17s (32.7") - it has a 2.5" lift and 17x9 wheels. Sorry, i forgot the offset. It fits fine for offroad use but did require a bit of heat gunning and trim reshaping. Since taking these pics I took off the running boards as they would still rub a little when flexing and turning. Hope this helps.

This is my old GX470 with 305/65/18s (32.6"). In retrospect, I actually think this was a better size. Slightly shorter and wider. If I ever replace these tires, I'll probably try the 305s on the 460.

Sorry for the spam chain of responses, but I cant figure out how to edit a post.

Anyhow, I'd have serious reservations about going with a 285/75/17 tire for anything more than mild off road use. I am running 17x9 +0 offset and when flexed and turned the tire comes pretty close to the frame just aft of the front wheels. I think 285/70 is the tallest I would recommend.

wow, unbelievable! Ive been wondering about this too.. looks amazing!

Could you tell me about your setup: I just bought a 2010 GX 460 and love the look...

What kind of lift do you recommend for fire road/snow with minimal obstacles. So many pushing the OME BP-51 or the OME Nitro. Looking for a quality ride but, not the $4k price tag.

Also, is there a tire size you would recommend with the stock rims or are off road rims a must?

Thanks for your help...

This is my old GX470 with 305/65/18s (32.6"). In retrospect, I actually think this was a better size. Slightly shorter and wider. If I ever replace these tires, I'll probably try the 305s on the 460.

Just bumping this thread since "theoverachiever" has one of the best looking GX I've seen, IMO!

Love your taste in wheels/tires + suspension. Those tires must be huge because the 2.5" lift looks like nothing (which I prefer).

I was hoping to only have to do ~1.5" lift, but maybe I'll have to do more to stuff those huge meats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom