tire and lift combos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have an 40 with a 4 inch lift. am running 33's but i may go to 32's b/c i have 370's and i cant keep good highway speed. would 32's loook dumb with a 4 inch lift. thanks

my 33's with 4"s looks good, but my rear wells are cut out.
if you havn't done any trimming i don't think it would look bad
at all.

i don't think that going from 33's to 32's is going to make that much difference to you.

if your a later year cruiser with fine spline ring gear, spend your money on lower gears.

do you mean to say that your motor can't push the tires at high speeds?
or are you maxing your rpm's and can't go faster?

if your motor won't push the tires (lack of torque) then shorter gears is what you need.

if you have the power, but want higher top speed, then higher gears or taller tires.

I had to run worn out 31's with my 4 inch lift for awhile because I put off getting new rubber. Didn't look that bad, but I must say it looks MUCH better with 33's. I don't think your highway hill problem would be solved or even partially rectified with a tire change to 32's.

Tell us a little about your motor and it's set up. You may be able to keep the 33's if you pep up your motor. If you have the stock motor, you might consider getting yourself a header and better exhaust. Do you have an HEI ignition? If not then that would get you a couple more ponies. Do some small mods to get you more power and you should be able to swing the 33's no problems.

Design311, i posted something along with this about my engine and getting my cruiser to at least keep a good 65 n the highway. read that it should help. i have the stcok dist and a weber, new fuel filters and fuel pump. it does need a vlave job though

You do realize that with 33"s your speedo is not entirely accurate, correct? You are IIRC doing ~5-10 MPH OVER what the speedo says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom