Throw your optimas as far away from your truck as you can!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So... Just don't buy optimas... Yellow top blew up tonight. Old? Sure. But still...gel cells just explode when they are done. Lead acids don't burn your car to the ground...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sorry to see that!
Hope you had full coverage.
Since I have a red top I'll ask, how old was the battery?

Damn!! Glad evreyones ok at least. Optimas do bring the suck for sure, they used to be the s*** up until a few years ago. Carquest AGM ftw!!

Holy s*** derrik! That sucks!

Glad your ok. I stopped running optimas when I started to notice they couldn't last 2 years. Die hard platinum currently and love it. Reminds me of pre Mexico optimas.

My pre mexico yellow top still works great. Had it about 12 years now. Although it's my spare now. My regular battery is a die hard platinum.

I have a red top optima.
4 years old ish.
Sorry you had that happen, glad you didn't die!

Very Sorry for your loss..................Crying shame!

Ive had about 4 red top Optimas fail after only a couple years in 3 different vehicles. Replacing my LAST Optima in my 80 this weekend!

Ive had good luck with Interstate Batteries.

Good luck man! :beer:

Damn, my yellow top is about 10 years old. Now you got me thinking that i might want to change it out soon.

The battery was about 7yrs old. No electrical mods to the car... All the fuse able links were still in place along with the factory mount and plastic box.

I drove it back ~10 mi from work about 3 hours before this happened. about 1/2 hour before it lit off I moved it to the street from the driveway.
I just finished eating in the living room when I looked up and saw it was on fire thru the front window.

3 of us ran 5 gallon buckets of water to it until the fire depatrtment arrived, right before thaey arrived, it got inside. I broke the passenger window out and stopped that at least.

in tenish minutes Probably 25 buckets were dumped on the battery and it would not go out.

Holy s***!!

Damn! that seriously sucks major donky balls. Sorry dude. That's terrible.

Damn, that sucks man. Hope insurance takes care of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom