This friggin truck is falling apart! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[Kurt, the OEM driveshaft is complete flange-to-flange. In addition, the slip yoke is not serviced by it's self.]

Are you saying that I can't just order a new slip yoke and install it on the old propeller shaft?
kurt

That is correct.

Ammended 7-28-03

No, it is not correct..... :-[

Kurt,

Let's try this again. Toyota DOES NOT sell the slip yokes for 80 series cruisers as separate parts, they are only available as part of the complete driveshafts. ::)

Ammended 7-28-03

The slip yoke can be had by it's self. :p

SLIP YOKE, Land Cruiser 91-94 $126.74
Parts & Prices For Estimating Purposes Only.

Then trademotion.com is wrong for listing them.
I checked 2 Toyota online parts dealers and they both listed them.
kurt

Can you get Keystone in NM? I only can find Keystone Light in WI.

Dan, I just talked to the Toyota dealership and they can get the slip yoke and install a U-joint for me. Maybe Toyota only sells slip yokes to us living East of the Mississippi ::)
kurt

Your friggin truck is falling apart, my world is falling apart, I am so confused ???, could it be that Cdan is not the all knowing or has made a mistake :'( . I couldn't live with that, knowing my life of trusting in Cdan was lie, Cdan O great one is it true :-[

Gooz frah bah...

Kurt,

I haven't looked for plain Keystone, I'm the Light beer type.

That being said, therin lies my problem. I re-checked the catalog illustration "just to be sure" and Lo and behold, Kurt is correct. The yoke can be obtained by it's self. for $126.74, it's a 37302-36020. the tube w/spline(the part the yoke slides on-to) is not serviced as a separate piece.

FT41, I present myself to you, hat in hand.

May the beatings begin............ :D

On many Toyota vehicles the yoke is not available. I did that "assume" thing. ::) I imagine it is intended to replace one for damage at the U-joint end as wear would affect both halves of the spline.

Off to drink my mistake away........................... 8)

YUP. ;)

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=3911;start=0#msg29231 date=1059437055]
Kurt,

I haven't looked for plain Keystone, I'm the Light beer type.

Off to drink my mistake away........................... 8)
[/quote]

For that mistake the punishment will be costly, you must buy some Boddingtons and apologize between each beer. No cheating with the cheap stuff! :D

I use to drink KSlight but in the winter it freezes almost solid :eek: not enough... or too much water. I want KS nonlight!!!
kurt

Dan,
Join the humble pie eating club. Those of us working in IT are consistently mistaken when we think something works one way or the other.

As for you....

"The beatings will continue until the morale improves." You'll get a breather next week though.

-B-

Well the essentials are done. Axle seals, bearing repack, drive shaft, oil change and ATF change. Muffler will be here Friday.

Got the performance products catalog today, Borla 95~97 for 389.95. Checked their web site last week and again today and it list there for 829.00. Called them and complained, I'm out 80.00 and they lost a sale.

Changed over to 0w-40, while doing so I'd thought I'd pass on a tip that I've been doing for years and haven't seen anywhere on the web. The large mouth quart bottles have the same thread as our valve cover oil cap. I cut off the bottom of a quart bottle and screw it into the valve cover as a leak free funnel. When done I put the cover of the bottle back on so any residual oil won't run out. You can just turn over the one your adding and let it free stand in the funnel one while it drains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom