The Vegtable Garden Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My beets/chard have some bad leaf miner bugs. I was hoping to harvest some greens. I can just cull all the leaves I guess to get rid of the pests?

Don't know about the chard, but beets will grow leaves for years. So I doubt you'll hurt them. Leaf miners are pretty harmless, I wouldn't fret it unless you're vegan

image.jpeg

Finally getting big maters, clearly not early girls as labeled.
IMAG0048.jpg

Mater overload:)
1463711568831854961419.jpg

Finally got some tomatoes in the ground. Temps speed to the 30's last night.
20160519_194939_zpsylugohce.jpg

Yeah, that's what tomato plants straight from green houses in CA look like when you plant them at 4500' elevation and a cold front moves in. It's 42 right now (8:00pm) but the wind chill puts it right around 33. By 3:00 am it could be below freezing.

Yeah, that's what tomato plants straight from green houses in CA look like when you plant them at 4500' elevation and a cold front moves in. It's 42 right now (8:00pm) but the wind chill puts it right around 33. By 3:00 am it could be below freezing.

Water them heavily, it will help to keep them warm

Found who has been eating my Tepins..
006.JPG

Getting seasoned from the inside for sure.

Funny meat processor add in the back G&F regulations; "We can even make Javelina taste good"

Under the big game regulations here, need to wait and apply for a tag.

But if said porcine critter just happened to fall on say a 223 slug and die in your backyard it would be a shame to let the meat go to waste. Wasting food is a sin you know.

image.jpeg
The beet goes on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom