The "Un-Official" Off Road Trailer Pic Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

P3110083.jpg

P3110096.jpg

P3110099.jpg

Still a work in progress but coming together.

I just picked this up this weekend. Drove up to Portland after work Friday, and brought er home yesterday. :)

Plan is to use it. Dump runs for house work, and I'm going to set it up for camping as well. It'll be duel use so all the camping modifications will be easily removed if I need to use it for whatever.

So stoked! :cool:

trailer.jpg
trailer.jpg

My old trailer the week I got it. It was sold when I got laid off in 08. This was enroute to the Kokopelli trail. I can't wait to get the new one on the trail.
web(2).jpg

photo from my recent trip to Northern Arizona & Southern Utah

Thought I would revive the thread since I have taken the trailer on a few more adventures.
CIMG0410.jpg
IMG_6035.jpg
IMGP3260 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Maiden off-road shakedown of the Kamparoo.

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

What are the clamps/clips that hold on the shovel/axe?

My M416

I just finished up with a new rattle can paint job, extended the tongue, 18" extend/retract receiver bar, Max Coupler, new springs, new lights, Receiver mounted spare, and all new hardware. I can't wait to take it out.
M416 3.jpg
M416 8.jpg
M416 10.jpg

Home built Expo trailer...

...great for long distance hauling & remote Baja touring. Carries a ton of fuel, water and gear...while leaving the rooftop of the Cruiser free for surfboards & kayaks, and an occasional mountain bike.

Originally a 1982 Toyota Hilux Longbed 4x4. Now rides on 285's Big Horns and the original axels. It will carry tons of outback gear and two big dogs. (no pesky dog hair inside the Cruiser) A great utility feature is the hefty metal, contractors box up front which is in constant use throughout the journeys.

I like the fact that the trailer is insulated and can sleep two people comfortably while staying out of the weather, and the very low profile pulling behind the 80.

:grinpimp:
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0125.jpg
IMG_0204.jpg

...great for long distance hauling & remote Baja touring. Carries a ton of fuel, water and gear...while leaving the rooftop of the Cruiser free for surfboards & kayaks, and an occasional mountain bike.

Originally a 1982 Toyota Hilux Longbed 4x4. Now rides on 285's Big Horns and the original axels. It will carry tons of outback gear and two big dogs. (no pesky dog hair inside the Cruiser) A great utility feature is the hefty metal, contractors box up front which is in constant use throughout the journeys.

I like the fact that the trailer is insulated and can sleep two people comfortably while staying out of the weather, and the very low profile pulling behind the 80.

I really like that! I was going to start a new buildup after the holidays but this may change my direction completely!

Volcanic Iceberg said:
Thought I would revive the thread since I have taken the trailer on a few more adventures.

That is a wicked idea for a trailer (land cruiser body) good thinking.

image-1581146195.jpg

Seen your build, nice setup! What you need now is this camper shell I'm selling. :D Built in RTT!

image-1581146195.jpg

image-2220145044.jpg

image-1128791759.jpg

Sry... Shameless plug.

-Daniel Kent
image-1581146195.jpg
image-2220145044.jpg
image-1128791759.jpg

Just an observation, but why is it that most trailers sport mud grip-like tires($$$)? It's not like they are driving anything and need the traction---

Just an observation, but why is it that most trailers sport mud grip-like tires($$$)? It's not like they are driving anything and need the traction---

to resist sliding sideways

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom