The TuRDle / My 84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Under $50 ideas (up to page 3)

-Rubber Hose cut in half and installed on the rear seat clamps so they don't rattle. (Genius...I was hearing this the other day and wondering how to fix)
-Leather wrap steering wheel
-Speedbleeders
-Kill Switch
-62 / Aussie mirrors
-Sway / quick disconnects
-Interior LEDs / Dome Lights
-Extend axle breathers
-New lugnuts
-Lights On Buzzer (bought buzzer just need to wire it up!)
-Broadway mirror...need to research
-Hella map light / or the Radioshack one...

Dreaming of more mods, to dos while waiting for the TuRDle to be fixed...

Under 50 mods:
Zip-tie for gas cap
"Limb risers"

Need to:
Grease up window gears
Figure out best way to secure (lock) Hi-Lift to my rack...

Older "Stock" Pics

The old owner sent me some other pics...
DSCN1554.jpg
DSCN1555.jpg
DSCN1556.jpg

Never used the battery cables. But Mark (fourrunner) makes a mean product. I got his rear bumper kit and his customer service is top notch.

Yeah looking at that set or the Urban Cruiser one. Both get great reviews and both look 100x better than stock...

Let me know if interested. Will be getting a bunch of supplies tomorrow and could have a set out asap.

Thanks, Shotgun, for the kind words!!!

Probably be a paycheck or so down the road...buying a new ignition coil and distributor this week...

T
Passed CO emissions after $1K in repairs (intake gasket, valve adjustment, tune-up, etc)

There's a Colorado emissions test??? I bought mine in March...walked into the county office, gave em some dough and walked out with new plates...got my title in the mail a week later.

Did I miss something...or am I going to face an emissions test when my registration is up?

SAWEET ride though...hopefully mine will come come close...someday...

Depends on where you live I think. I lived in Colorado Springs (El Paso County) back from 97-01 and it was required then. I moved back in 09 and they didn't have it anymore. It's all politics...

Got my girl back from the shop tonight! Yay!

My boy just had a fortune cookie and I kid you not, the fortune reads:

"A four-wheeled adventure will soon bring you happiness."
:steer:

Great fortune and super nice sled. I'm also going through the Under 50 mods. Some really great ideas

Stuck my Midland 1001Z CB in the ash tray slot. Fits nice and snug, but sticks out a bit. I just put some velcro on top to stick my phone and other crap on. I put the mic holder thing on the bottom right screw of that surround that holds the trim around switch, lighter, heater controls.

Gotta find somewhere to stick that fortune from the cookie...that is still too cool!

Added a couple more sweet stickers for more horsepower as well...:D

I'll take some pics this weekend...it's too dark out now.

Just installed my grab bar and mounted up my fortune under that cubby / above the ashtray spot. I'll take pics later. My wife and mother-in-law took the kiddos to the zoo and took it! Grab bar looks great and it's real solid. My wife should be able to haul herself up in it now.

I found the source of one oil leak...looks like I'm missing a bolt. It's on that smaller "oil pan looking" thing that sits right behind the oil pan. What's that called? The Chiltons I have sucks and I can't even find it in there. The only thing I see close is mention of oil pan #2 on a DOHC engine. Anyway, size are those bolts?

I also found out that since I cleaned out my garage last weekend that the TuRDle fits inside! WOOHOO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom