The TuRDle / My 84 FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now I've confirmed the gearing and that I have an Aussie locker in the rear!!

From the previous, previous owner:

"First of, I got all the mechanicals working and upgraded some in the process (major tune-up including 30+ ft. of spaghetti vacuum lines, new clutch, rear main seal, new oil pan, new power steering pump, rebuilt both axles, upgraded to 4:11 gears, and threw an Aussie locker in the rear). Now that it was pretty reliable, I moved on to the fun stuff (3.5 Old Man Emu lift, 33" BFG Muds, cut out and replaced rust, de-chromed most of the truck, bodywork, built a rear bumper with swing arm, and fabbed in some front seats out of a Mazda Protege. So for now, all thats left is to build the front bumper and finish my homemade roof rack"

Some more details on the custom roof rack:

Homemade Roof Rack

Sweet rack....light, but strong...take off a couple U-bolts and it folds in half for easy storage.

Pics

More pics I've found from it's previous life (& owners):
Pass.jpg
_cruiser driver rear.jpeg
Top View 2.jpg

Even More Pics

More pics I've found from it's previous life (& owners):
Pass Side 2.jpg
side.jpg
wholetruck.jpg

Old pics

Old owner is sending more, but here are a couple....it's come a long way!
Driver (1).jpg
Driver (2).jpg
front (1).jpg

So more info and a lot more pics from the fella that fixed up the truck. Super nice guy, still on the local 4x4 forums here in Colorado. After reading this stuff I feel I got an amazing deal on this rig...

Some more info from his ad when he put her up for sale:

"I bought the truck in stock form and have done a great deal of work to it. Hate to let it go, but it’s time for me to move onto another project.

Truck has 208k miles and runs good
Old-Man-Emu 3" lift with oversized shackles
Old-Man-Emu shocks all the way around, including steering stabilizer shock
33/10.50/15 BFG Muds, all tires sipped including the spare, at least 85% tread
4:11 gears
Aussie locker in the rear, rear axle has new axle seals
Front axle rebuilt including trunion bearings
Brakes in great condition, new brake lines up front
Custom front bumper with integrated hitch to allow for a removable winch plate
Custom rear bumper with swing out arm, Hi-Lift jack and Jerry Can holder, integrated hitch with trailer wiring
Custom full length roof rack with 8 Yakima gutter mounts
Black out front grill
Recent complete carb rebuild from Mark's Offroad in CA (within last 100 miles)
Recent professional valve adjustment, new valve cover gasket
New Intake/Exhaust/EGR gaskets
New clutch and rear main seal
New Toyota power steering pump (new, not refurbished)
Coolant system flushed
Fresh fluid in tranny/transfer case/diffs
New oil pan
New Duralast Gold battery
All vacuum lines replaced
All smog equipment present
New windshield, rest of glass in good shape
Truck was painted in Dec. 07', the original paint was very faded, mine main goal was to get it painted before any other rust started
Rust was present over the passenger side wheel well before fresh paint, it was completely cut-out and new metal welded in, no signs of it returning (I've got a few pics before the truck was painted and when it was primed for paint)
One small spot starting to bubble over driver's side rear wheel well
Roof, door jambs, and rocker panels don't show any signs of rust
Interior is pretty clean, front seats have been upgrade from a late model sedan
Original dash had some cracks, a dash cap has been installed (you probably would even have noticed unless I pointed it out)
Working CD Player

Bad....not much for a 25 year old truck
New carb needs fine adjustment.....truck has a small flat spot around 55-60mph, occasionally has a slight RPM fluctuation at idle
Body looks great but isn't perfect, has a few small dings here and there, noticeable dent in the driver's side rocker panel thanks to a local trail, one small dent in the hood
Small oil leak somewhere on the back of the engine
Driver's side exterior door handle sticks, I may fix it before it sells

Best of all, I have a "passed" emissions report in my possession, it's less than a week old
Simply take the report with you when you go to register the truck, get the classic plates, and you will never have to get emissions on it for as long as you own it.

I may be missing a few things, but that's all I can think of for now. It's a solid Cruiser and turns heads."

I'll post more pics tomorrow...

Ordered a Hi-Lift and some other small stuff tonight...working on selling some other stuff to finance some Redline Sliders.

Looks very nice. How is the rack attached to the cross bars? It looks like the cross bars go through the rack?

Just U-bolts. There's a cut out in the rack for the cross bars and the u-bolts go around crossbar & up through rack.

Some close ups of the cutouts on the rack, the rack and the bars...

Rack is made out of those ramps to drive an ATV up on a pickup...hinged in middle so it folds up nice for storage. Four bars with Yakima mounts on some iron pipe for crossbars. Rack is light and strong...pretty low profile. You could probably get lower with something shorted than the Yak mounts, but not sure...
IMG_4064.JPG
IMG_4065.jpg
IMG_4066.JPG

Thanks for the info and photos. I have 4 Yak rack cross bars and I'm in the process of building a rack. Your info was very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom