The other ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

weakspleen

Nachos rule!!
Threads
Thread for our other rides.

Here's my K5 for @LittleRock80

She's been sitting for a handful of years, gonna need a bit of love to get rolling again, but she's worth it.

It's in good shape body wise. The rust at the rockers and B pillar is minimal. The PO southern engineered an '89 suburban 350 into it to have fuel injection and he gave it to a community college to practice the paint job (orange peel and overspray!!). My buddy in Tulsa taught himself to do lead body work while restoring his '81 chevy short bed. So the plan will be to take this one down to sheet metal and do it properly, including pulling the body off the frame and the whole nine yards. It will be an undertaking, that's why it's still sitting... that and I just bought this '05 LC lol.

That is a great truck. Thank you for posting pictures of it. I never had a First Gen (envious), but owned a nice '86. I loved it despite the dog of a motor carbureted 305 it came from the factory with. It always put a smile on my face cruising with the rear cap off during the Spring and Fall.

I'm digging the K5!

For some reason I just got the urge to grab a 12 pack of cheap beer and hit a dirt road to nowhere. Lol

My '67 Impala

image.jpg
image.jpg

My first car. Bought it in '92 and drove the crap out of it. Started redoing it in the late 90's and that's as far as it got. Someday...

Very nice. I had an '89 K5. Loved it. It wasn't the one to keep forever, but I still catch myself searching for good examples. @fjfodee the back of mine was on the receiving end of many, many empty Busch Lights and Bud Lights.

Here is my 1966 Chevy C10 "other ride". This was my GrandDads truck. Recently acquired it from my Mom. Thax to YotaJosh and YotaLance for a team effort on a refresh "run, drive, & stop"

image.jpg

Then there is my high school 1967 Ford F100 "other ride". Gonna save this for next year . . .

image.jpg

image.jpg

Anyone done anything with their other ride lately? I haven't. She's still collecting dust for now. I did make headway on my workshop/garage space though. My house has a 3 car garage and someone had partitioned off a 1/3 of it for a small workshop. I say the whole thing should be my workshop, so I did some demolition and cleared it out. Doing time for Uncle Sam, drinking beer and other hobbies have brought any other forward progress to a halt for a time though lol.

Awesome!! Love those old K5's!! Yours is sweet!! Get busy on it

Good looking stuff guys!

I'm halfway ashamed to start posting pictures of all my crap....maybe one day I'll show y'all my 'used car lot driveway' as my wife calls it.

Sweet car and sweet tie Mark!

'Merica

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom