The makings of my Medical Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rytwmi3.jpg

nice if you need chestseals or Hemostatic ar500 has a shop just south west of skyharbor and they have pretty good deals on epik kits
also might throw some hand warmer packs in in case of cold exposer Hypothermia

:hmm: I have benadryl, but not an epipen - can i buy that off the shelf?

:hmm: I have benadryl, but not an epipen - can i buy that off the shelf?

Rx only. If you don't have them yet add sports tape, duct tape and coban.

Yep, got all of that. I didnt realize how awesome this pack is @yjeff

thin medical gloves (Nitrile)?

Zona

just a few things i couldn't see in the picture that I like to carry with me; a syringe for irrigation, bunch-o-gloves, trauma shears, glucose (or tubed-frosting), apple cider vinegar, watch, water purification, pocket cpr mask, parachord, safety pins, soap note templates, sewing kit, doc brauners soap (can be used for absolutely anything), bic lighter

I'd be interested in what people have actually to use. As a Scout leader, I try to "be prepared", but can't drag a suitcase everywhere. Highest use items for me tend to the mundane finger tip bands aids, butterfly bandaids, gauze pads, tape of all kinds, elastic bandages, etc. (Obviously geared more for hiking/camping). What type of injuries are common on wheeling trips? Thankfully, I haven't encountered any yet.

I have been around a few incidents that required use of an emergency kit. Most have been cuts that required bandages and in one case stitches.

a comb

to pull cactus parts from kids who ran into them

The most critical part to invest in is a wilderness first aid class. Thankfully I haven't needed my training but it was an eye opener.

I broke both my legs in a motorcycle accident in 2008, then i broke one of them again in 2014 in new zealand (long story). From this I learned to always be prepared - medical-wise.

I wouldn't call Michael a kid.

I was referring to Shannon's son picking up multiple jumping cholla bits on the Walnut Canyon run :doh: - Kevin had the comb :clap:

I have found that those single-use small tubes of superglue that come in 6-pack plastic containers are perfect for trail use and general med. They will seal any cut small enough that you won't need stitches and even some which may. If you seek professional medical attention later, they're familiar with the stuff and can dissolve it and do regular stitches. Also, recommend some Quik-Clot bandages which can be used for larger wounds in the event that you need to pack it and get the person out.

Most who've been out with me have likely seen the emergency kit I carry which covers a lot more than what most are willing to drag around, but I've never wished I brought something! Also, an unconventional addition to any medical kit might include road - or better yet, maritime ariel flares - maritime smoke canisters, and a strobe light for signaling for rescue. If you're with someone who needs air-evac, it's far easier to get spotted if you pop a rocket flare when they're a few miles out so they know exactly where you are. These might also come in handy if you're ever stranded and an ariel search is being conducted.

If I only had 2-3 things to carry out in the field to cover 99.9% of injuries when camping they would be plenty of super-glue packs, some Quik-Clot, and a bunch of rocket flares. All of this fits in your center console if you don't like dragging around a big medical pack.

Oh, and add my newest piece of kit, my HAM radio...

I have found that those single-use small tubes of superglue that come in 6-pack plastic containers are perfect for trail use and general med. They will seal any cut small enough that you won't need stitches and even some which may. If you seek professional medical attention later, they're familiar with the stuff and can dissolve it and do regular stitches. Also, recommend some Quik-Clot bandages which can be used for larger wounds in the event that you need to pack it and get the person out.

Most who've been out with me have likely seen the emergency kit I carry which covers a lot more than what most are willing to drag around, but I've never wished I brought something! Also, an unconventional addition to any medical kit might include road - or better yet, maritime ariel flares - maritime smoke canisters, and a strobe light for signaling for rescue. If you're with someone who needs air-evac, it's far easier to get spotted if you pop a rocket flare when they're a few miles out so they know exactly where you are. These might also come in handy if you're ever stranded and an ariel search is being conducted.

If I only had 2-3 things to carry out in the field to cover 99.9% of injuries when camping they would be plenty of super-glue packs, some Quik-Clot, and a bunch of rocket flares. All of this fits in your center console if you don't like dragging around a big medical pack.
I carry super glue as well, i like the idea of quik-clot and flares/smoke. Ill add that to the list.

Ham license soon.

I'd be interested in what people have actually to use. As a Scout leader, I try to "be prepared", but can't drag a suitcase everywhere. Highest use items for me tend to the mundane finger tip bands aids, butterfly bandaids, gauze pads, tape of all kinds, elastic bandages, etc. (Obviously geared more for hiking/camping). What type of injuries are common on wheeling trips? Thankfully, I haven't encountered any yet.
What i would be worried amount the most is twisting my ankle or breaking it. My coworker just told me about a place where i can get bendable metal splints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom