The Knitting Circle (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was 100s in the hills last year where someone had to run blackbear backwards to rescue a jeep wasn't it?

" The thing about Science is; you have to wear glasses... You know, for all the explosions"
-Lydia 4yrs-

That girl is destined for greatness!

Last edited:
@Land Speeder tell me about a stock 3FE and 33s and 35s? The brown 80, the one I came and got the trans for, is currently undergoing a little freshening up and once complete, Erin is very seriously debating making it her daily. Currently it is sitting on a set of 265s which I put on not long after we got it. I know the old 80 isn't a speed demo, but my white truck running on 35s was a pure dog. I have learned a lot in the last few years and realize there are a number of things (desmog, kickdown cable adjustment, good tune-up, etc) that can be done to get it running as well as possible, but before I bump it up to 285s from the 265s, I figured I would tap one of the best 3FE resources around. So whatcha think? Is Zacks old rig still stock geared? I appreciate any thoughts or pointers you could share.

Thanks

@Land Speeder tell me about a stock 3FE and 33s and 35s? The brown 80, the one I came and got the trans for, is currently undergoing a little freshening up and once complete, Erin is very seriously debating making it her daily. Currently it is sitting on a set of 265s which I put on not long after we got it. I know the old 80 isn't a speed demo, but my white truck running on 35s was a pure dog. I have learned a lot in the last few years and realize there are a number of things (desmog, kickdown cable adjustment, good tune-up, etc) that can be done to get it running as well as possible, but before I bump it up to 285s from the 265s, I figured I would tap one of the best 3FE resources around. So whatcha think? Is Zacks old rig still stock geared? I appreciate any thoughts or pointers you could share.

Thanks

Still stock geared.

adjust the cables,
Adjust AFM 2 teeth counterCW. Mark with sharpie before moving
Advanced timing by feel a degree or two MORE than suggested. (easy to put it back because the 12 MM nut will have a very noticeable mark where it's been forever
Desmog.
Rock out. Search google for all the above. They'll pop up on mud

@Godwin we came to work today and found 3 dead turtles upside down. 2 were in the same field one was in another. They dont look crushed, the shells werent broken/cracked, their bellies didn't look harmed. They looked pretty fresh but for the most part picked clean by ants already.

is there anything I can check for to try and find out what happened?

@Godwin we came to work today and found 3 dead turtles upside down. 2 were in the same field one was in another. They dont look crushed, the shells werent broken/cracked, their bellies didn't look harmed. They looked pretty fresh but for the most part picked clean by ants already.

That many dead turtles? I'd look around for Shreader.

I hope mikey is still out there, he was my favorite.

tumblr_mjfo90lOda1rdutw3o1_r1_400_zpsd2272d8e.gif

Any photos? Likely females out nesting and were depredated by a raccoon, fox, some mammal and the ants followed up with the cleaning.

pictures are 2 of #1 2 of #2 and 3 of #3
each was upside down when found initially. Turtles are actually able to roll over from their backs right?

turtles

Looking for ride South on I65 in morning anyone headed south?

Anyone want to do some minor welding or know a travel welder? My rig isn't running so would have to come to me in Vestavia. Flux/mig should be fine. I will pay for service. 205-908-6214

Anyone want to do some minor welding or know a travel welder? My rig isn't running so would have to come to me in Vestavia. Flux/mig should be fine. I will pay for service. 205-908-6214

I'd do it... but I don't yet own a welder up here. LOL. I plan on picking up a 120V flux-core within the month. Then I'll be happy to come lay some bubble gum for little to no charge since it'll look like crap, but it'll hold. I've never have weld fail.

I'd do it... but I don't yet own a welder up here. LOL. I plan on picking up a 120V flux-core within the month. Then I'll be happy to come lay some bubble gum for little to no charge since it'll look like crap, but it'll hold. I've never have weld fail.
I hear ya. I've been trying to justify buying one, but that won't help the fact I don't know what I'm doing.

I hear ya. I've been trying to justify buying one, but that won't help the fact I don't know what I'm doing.

Holler in a few weeks if no one speaks up. I'll forget, so you remind me.

What do you need welded, specifically. I can prob do it if you have a 220 plug.

I won't take money for it either

What do you need welded, specifically. I can prob do it if you have a 220 plug.

I won't take money for it either
Dryer or my generator is the only 220 plug. I need some new rear supports (1 inch sq tube) welded in and tacked piece of sheet metal on top. I have all the material precut to fit. This pic is what it used to look like that I'm trying to repair from PO. I'll PM you next week if I still need it. Thanks

20160615_212759.jpg

20160615_212851.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom