Builds The Journey Begins... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The summary of the PM convo was Dazed lived up to his name. I have a plate.

Good news

I found 3 used rods that will make the rod balancing near perfect.

2 weigh exactly the same, one is within 4 grams of the two, and the last one is only 10 grams heavy. Balance shop said they will work perfect.

Looks like all my engine parts will be back by Friday, so I can start building it next week!:D

Last edited:
Doug, are you saying to use a washer like what goes on the banjo bolt on this bolt. In the picture, it's the dirty bolt just in front of the blue #12 fitting.
20160129_180305.jpg

No, the conical washers are used between the blue AN fitting and the adapter you welded onto the Isuzu filter fitting. When welded, the adapter can distort and not seal. If you tighten the aluminum too tight trying to stop the leak, many times the threads pull out of the AN fitting.

The conicals are soft aluminum and compress easily, sealing the distorted flare and seat.

Last edited:
I think I had a pin hole in my weld on that fitting. Hit with the Mig but haven't tried to start it since.

Do you see any problem with mounting my fuel filter here?
20160222_152808.jpg
20160222_152827.jpg

See my comment in your thread.

That's where mine are mounted.

I mounted my filters in the same area using the same materials. The fuel filter is aluminum angle and does not move at all without a lower support. The oil filter is made from aluminum channel, I left a small piece of channel leg on the lower part with a split rubber hose where it touches the firewall for support and it's rock solid. No issues in nearly 50k miles.

005-resized.jpg

Last edited:
Mine are very very similarly mounted.

See my comment in your thread.

That's where mine are mounted.

I mounted my filters in the same area using the same materials. The fuel filter is aluminum angle and does not move at all without a lower support. The oil filter is made from aluminum channel, I left a small piece of channel leg on the lower part with a split rubber hose where it touches the firewall for support and it's rock solid. No issues in nearly 50k miles.

View attachment 1213354

Doug, what is the clear plastic bottle just in front of your windshield washer bottle? Power steering? I have the unit from the NPR but the cap on top of it says "automatic transmission fluid only". With out looking thru every page of your thread, do you have any pictures of how your power steering lines are hooked up to the steering box? Thanks again for all of your help.

Here are a few shots of the PS lines and connections. Check pages 2-4 in this thread for more info.

IMG_5228.jpg
IMG_5223.jpg
IMG_5235.jpg
IMG_5246.jpg
IMG_5258.jpg

The round white container is the stock Isuzu PS reservoir and is a very nice piece. It has a removable built in strainer/filter and has an easy to detach mount.

Doug, got a couple of questions. How did you do your throttle cable? On the heater hoses, does the top port on the engine go to the top port on the heat controller on the fire wall? Then a short one from it to the top heater core tube. The bottom heater core tube back to the bottom port on the front of the engine? Does that make sense?

I used a 62 throttle cable and grafted a 62 and a 60 pedal together. I had to locate the 62 cable height and drill the firewall to run the cable. On mine it runs next to the turbo and loop around between the thermostat housing and the valve cover and connects perfectly to the stock Isuzu throttle cable mounts.

On the pedal, I welded the 62 throttle pad, arm, pivot etc to the 60 base. This allowed stock mounting to the 60 firewall - really easy and clean. I installed the 62 hand throttle also - a great feature!

I forgot on the heater hoses, but it's in my build thread somewhere and I know the pictures show it. I'll see if I can find one.

Looking good!

Top outlet on water pump goes to the heater control valve.

what size are your power steering lines? Hope all of my questions aren't driving you crazy.

No problem

#6 AN supply and 3/8" push loc return

No problem

#6 AN supply and 3/8" push loc return

Guessing the #6 is the braided supply and the 3/8" is the blue line in your pictures? Is it necessary to have the trans cooler that you have mounted to the front of your frame?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom