The Farm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The words "so close you can taste it" are being chewed on around these days. Unfortunately at this point we are at least 2 weeks out. Not gonna bore you with another rant about subs and suppliers, but let's just say the cabinet guy and granite folks can suck a fat one as far as I'm concerned. Cabinet guy screwed us, and the granite folks are taking their sweet time.

Install date is June 3rd, so this coming Friday and since the plumbers don't work weekends, the plumbing and electrical won't start wrapping up til the following week. Throw in inspections and misc crap th a will inevitably happen and we are looking at the 10th at the best, but given how this has played out, we will be lucky if we get in the following week.

Anyway, the cabinet guy did show up and get the rest of the shells in. So now we need tops, doors and drawers. We have appliances too, but the Elec/plumbers just want to make one more trip, so for now we are in that all to familiar "hurry up and wait" pattern. Its gonna get there, I just really feel like this poor guy these days. :bang:

Anyway, here are a few pictures of the completed cases.

Laundry/mud room
IMG_2928.jpg

Living room
IMG_2930.jpg

Kitchen
IMG_2925.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

And in case you didn't notice, I will point out that we had the section between the fridge and the oven built 2" shorter than standard for Erin to use as a work station. Something about leverage and being short...

Anyway, she spent the last 2 days sweeping and swifering floors and we hauled out and burned anything that isn't supposed to live there unless it had something heavy sitting on it. We plugged the fridge in on Friday so we can keep some drinks and snacks out there. We are soo ready...

Hope to see some coutertops on friday, but other than that not looking for anything else major this week, unless the cabinet guy gets a wild hair and actually gets something done. We shall see.

@FJCRAWLER I did see it and I can honestly say (in my most frustrated voice) I have no idea....

The cabinet guy is a total spazz, Me and Glenn both have been riding his ass for over a month. I got bases so the granite could get measured, then he fell off the earth. No response to texts or calls, then we will get one random text that he has been in the hospital and he will be on it soon, then nothing. The granite folks came last week, but they mis-cut one of the pieces so they had to take it back and re-cut. It should go in tomorrow. The plumbers and electricians have been working this week and got all the appliances in, but we need the hood installed before they can call for the electrical final.... again, cabinet guy supposed to provide, again, he fails. Order one on Tuesday, supposed to be in on Wednesday... thursday.... Tomorrow. Went out yesterday and there are shelves and drawer boxes sitting in a pile in one corner, great, we are getting somewhere, go out today... same stack same spot. The plumbers were there today hooking up sinks and such. At this point the short list is pretty short, but it is painful to even go out there. Erin has pretty much quit going as it stresses her out too much.

So as far as I can tell they like:

Cabinet doors and drawers
install gas logs
wrap up the plumbing
Cabinet doors and drawers
caulk the quarter round and touch up the paint
install the tub
Glass doors for shower
FINISH THE CABINETS!!!!!
build the deck
Tie in the water line and check everything for leaks
FINISH THE DAMN CABINETS!!!!
Backsplash
Electrical Final
C.O. Inspection
And GET HIS SORRY NO GOOD LAZY ASS UP DO HIS FxxxING JOB AND FINISH MY DAMN CABINETS!!!!!

Sorry for the language and if it offends, I can edit accordingly, but I am firmly convinced that the rest of the house will be finished and we may even have the CO and be ready to move in and I will not have any cabinets doors or drawers. It is putting some serious stress in things these days and that is a problem for me. We also gave notice and we are to be out by the end of June, which is already a month longer than we had planned on. Our landlord is being great, but at this point we are paying a mortgage and rent that was not planned for.....

I am overloaded at work and this jack-off that apparently has no concept of the problems he is causing is about to get served with some legal paperwork if he doesn't get his s*** together.

Anyway, I have some pictures on my phone that I will post in a few, but I haven't taken any of the appliances or sink installs because Erin doesn't want to know so I am waiting. I will grab some tomorrow of the current status.

BUT, all that said, I think I can safely say that we will be having something in July or August and invite everyone over for something on the grill and some ice cold adult beverages.

Sorry for the major rant there guys and Rocky, know that none of that was in any way aimed at you, we are just at this point completely over it. I want so badly to be sitting on my porch enjoying a smoke and a beer, and should have been months ago. I need to chill I know, but when momma is at the point of tears and won't go out because she can't handle the fact that that one numbskull won't get his act together just has me on a thin edge right now and when I start talking (or typing) about it, the ball picks up speed and just has to roll until it comes to a stop.

Again, sorry for the rant, but I think I probably needed to get it out of my system before I blow up on somebody else for no reason.

You got to vent somewhere and somehow. Didn't take it anyway but you being pissed off that your house isn't done yet. One day this will all be behind y'all and y'all will finally get to enjoy putting your roots in the ground to build a beautiful future. Then maybe you'll come around and decide that you have one to many toys and sell me the Sami.:clap:

You got to vent somewhere and somehow. Didn't take it anyway but you being pissed off that your house isn't done yet. One day this will all be behind y'all and y'all will finally get to enjoy putting your roots in the ground to build a beautiful future. Then maybe you'll come around and decide that you have one to many toys and sell me the Sami.:clap:

Thanks Rocky. I really am looking forward to some normalcy and to being able to get these old roots out of the this little pot and let them stretch out a little. It's good havin' pals. (a six pack of your favorite brew to whoever can call that reference)

Young Guns! Haven't watched that in forever. About time to look on Netflix.

Dealing with subs is a sticky wicket but money is always the best leverage. Sounds like you need a shovel and some lime if that fails...

Young Guns! Haven't watched that in forever. About time to look on Netflix.

My man, you call it and I will drop it by, I need to get that leaf spring anyway. @htburnett didn't say it had to be beer. He might want some Jones cola or something.

Dealing with subs is a sticky wicket but money is always the best leverage. Sounds like you need a shovel and some lime if that fails...

Yeah, we are already into the money part, he just may not know it until he is finished. As far as the other.... all I will say is, no shovel or lime needed, but there wouldn't be a trace.

At least he can keep whatever it is good and cold in that new arb.

I love how so many posts are touched by my ARB raffle prize. Stewart's or IBC would be my beer of choice.

By the way, Young Guns isn't on netflix. I looked. o_O

d9627374b93d6640090c30a9e81a419d.jpg

Erin grabbed a couple pictures yesterday while we were moving stuff. Still no doors, but I have been assured that they will go in starting tomorrow... Heard it before, not holding my breath. (sorry for the tall pictures, she tends to do the vertical thing for some reason)

IMG_3007.jpg

We could cook dinner if we wanted.
IMG_3010.jpg

And logs plumbed as well.
IMG_3009.jpg

We shall see how the week goes. I've stopped making predictions because I'm tired of setting myself for disappointment.

Looking good Matt. Sorry you are having such a hard time with guys finishing work. Had the same problem with my crack head brick masons. Bunch of damn thieves. Can't wait till my ride is done and make a visit down that way. Its close.

Thanks @bluehawk we are close, just ready to be there and tired of dealing with stupid people.
The cabinet guy finally showed up and did his job. He has one set of doors to mount and install the stoppers and pulls. I hope he finishes up tomorrow, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

The electrical final is what we NEED now, and then we can call for the CO. Soon, I hope...

Anyway, for all the S--t, he does good work, but I will never recommend him to anyone. Just can't do it knowing what I know. Really is a shame because he is very talented. And With that, here are the pictures:

0617162033_HDR-1.jpg

0617162038b_HDR-1.jpg

0617162038a_HDR-1.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

Painters are supposed to come to do touch-up tomorrow and hopefully the cabinet guy will show and do his thing. Guess we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom