The Farm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star
Threads
Been meaning to get a thread up to have a place to stick pictures from the farm.

Today we got trusses up. I had my folks up to help out and a good friend from work stopped by with his dad and since he is 6'-6" he was a huge help. After we got the trusses we spent the last hour or so of daylight working on getting started on the roof purlins and making sure all the trusses were true and the spacing was good.

Anyway here are a few pics from todays festivities.

First truss up and secured.
IMG_0531.jpg

About half way.
IMG_1461.jpg

And securing the last one.
IMG_4777.jpg

And a view of about where we left it.
IMG_7911.jpg

And the boss supervising.
IMG_6179.jpg

Tomorrow we are going to be bracing and hopefully getting the roof mostly finished.

I will be updating and back updating this as I get time.

Til tomorrow :smokin:

Well today went pretty well. We got all the front side done and a little over half the backside. Erin had to meet our realtor to discuss the particulars of getting the house ready to go on the market in a few months. She grabbed these pictures of the front.

IMG950546.jpg

IMG950547.jpg

It got dark while I was getting things covered so I didn't get any pictures of the back side. Hoping to get the back finished up and get some metal started soon.

What size slab is that again? I was trying to get quotes on a 20x40 garage. Looks about same size

It is 28x40

The end posts are about 9' and some change apart, so looking at the end it will be about a third shallower than that picture, if that makes sense.

After snow and rain and generally lousy weather we finally got down to the farm to do a little work. Erin doesn't care for heights too much but she sucked it up and we finished up the roof purlins on the back side, trimed the eaves, got the facia board up and went ahead and stuck a couple pieces of the drip edge up just to say we had metal going up. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get the eave trim up and then start putting some metal on the roof.

Pictures, nothing spectacular, but progress.

20150228_131935.jpg

20150228_133437.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

More tomorrow.

Last Sunday was a wash. We managed to get the last run of wall girts up between rain drops.

Today a buddy from work stopped in and was a HUGE help. We were able to get 3/4 of the front covered before we lost daylight. Not sure how we will do tomorrow. We will either work on siding the front or try to get the rest of the front on. We will just see how it goes. pics will be forthcoming.... MUD and I are having a bit of a spat about picture sizes.

Started here.
IMG_0613.jpg

First couple up
IMG_0614.jpg

Few more
IMG_0615.jpg

Where we ended the day:
IMG_0622.jpg

Got 4 more to finish up this side, so tomorrow maybe those or wall panels. Got a few trees to trim per the boss but I thought this was a neat pic that Erin grabbed before we left.

IMG_0630.jpg

We shall see how tomorrow goes. Stay tuned. Also, sorry for multiple posts, apparently MUD thinks these pics are too big or something so I had to break them up.

Looking good bud.

I truly admire what you are doing!

Thanks guys. I just wish it was moving faster.

Here's where we started in November of last year
IMG950057.jpg

With the holidays and how wet the winter has been, and only working on Saturdays, and a Sunday here and there have made it a long process. We probably only have 10-15 days of actual work into it.

I know we are headed into the home stretch but I am ready to have my weekends back.

Well, today was semi-productive. I should have had a better game plan cause we kinda wasted a couple hours. But we did get 2 more pieces up and we wrapped the south west corner to try to keep blowing rain out to give us a semi-dry corner to store some stuff.

20150308_183545.jpg

I think if we'd have hit the roof first thing then we would have finished the front, oh well. Hopefully the rain they are calling for will push out by Friday and we can finish the front and hit the back next weekend.

Til then:cheers:

How big is your shop/barn going to be Matt?

@htburnett 28'x40' with a 12' lean-to on the back side and 10' ceilings.

I like it. Im wanting to start something here soon.

Well yesterday (Saturday) was a wash out. It rained pretty much all day so I took a day off and smoked a cigar and watched some basketball with my Father-in-law and tried to work on my IPOR rear which the rain eventually snuffed out too.

Soo today I was slow to rise, but momma pushed and got me up and rolling.

We got the front finished up and got 6 of the 14 panels on the back. It was a beautiful day, actually came home with the first of sunburn of the year. Anyway, here are today's pics.

20150315_172052.jpg

20150315_154246.jpg

Will get a couple more up, but the forum is not liking more than 2 at a time.

One section of Ridge cap is all we got up, but just need probably one more panel to get the next section up, then we will be 50% in the dry.

20150315_170816.jpg

20150315_155941.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom