The Definitive "What do xx size tires look like with xx lift?" Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been waiting for a thread like this for ever!!!

I'm definitely going with 31x10.5x15 tires.

Now my only question is which OME to get. Light/Medium or Medium/Heavy.

I used my 60 as a DD & very light off road (camping and such).
I recommend the Heavy in front, and medium in the rear. Its your rear springs that give you most of your "ride quality". And with that setup, you can add a front bumper, winch, etc and not have to worry about front end sag. Iv seen some of the med-light set ups sag quite a bit under a full load or a small trailer.

33x10.5 BFG
4in OME ultra heavies

photo (16).JPG

I love your cruiser! That color makes me drool. And with the blacked out chrome. So hot!
Thanks, and me being an old dead head, the color matching Grateful Dead sticker in the center of the spare tire completes the scene!

I love your cruiser! That color makes me drool. And with the blacked out chrome. So hot!
You profile picture looks like it was taken north of Driggs, up toward Tetonia.

This thread has been quiet for awhile. Does anyone have some shots of an Ironman lift with the B load front and rear (range A thru D increasing as you go). I have no need for heavy load capacity. Thinking of this on my FJ62 (Freeborn Red) and then either 31 or 33 tires. Probably stay with stock wheels and will try to polish them up real well. Thanks.

Bmp

[URL=http://s818.photobucket.com/user/charlesk11charles/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150430_143604_zpsercyl7g4.jpg.html] [/URL]Soa with shackle reversal up front using stock length shackles and stock leaf packs. Rear has ome "stock height" leaf packs and anti inversion shackles. Both f/r wheel wells are trimmed and rear axle moved roughly an inch back. 40x14.5x17 km2s on champion 5"bs beadlock rims. D60 front axle 14 bolt rear.

[URL=http://s818.photobucket.com/user/charlesk11charles/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150430_150744_zpstq0mbuy5.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=http://s818.photobucket.com/user/charlesk11charles/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150430_143621_zps6xujhewa.jpg.html] [/URL]

D

Not sure why people don't just look at the registry but whatever...

285/75r16 KM2's on Tacoma wheels (5.5" backspace) with 1.25" spacers on a 15 year old Hell For Stout 2.5" spring kit.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1431529080.267099.jpg

20131019_184124.jpg

4" Heavy OME, Shackle reversal, 35's Toyo Open Country

Here's my reference point.

Sprung under. OME Heavy lift front and rear. 35x12.5x17.
The rig sit two inches lower in the front. Reference measurement is the body line that is just above the door handles.
With new front shackles that I'll make that line will sit at 48" at the front and rear most ends.

restore60.jpg

Ditched this SR setup and went SOA...

Ruffstuff SOA "kit", Ironman springs (multiple leaves removed from each pack), 37/12.50r17 on FJ steelies. No rubbing anywhere. (rubbing in pics from previous setups)

Are you still liking the ironman springs? Performance, sag...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom