The definitive, "Found a good deal on CL" thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm about to buy them just to resell them.
SummitRacing had the AA GM 4l60e auto adapter to h2fa for $500 awhile back . They eventually figured it out

I'm about to buy them just to resell them.

I would call them first, you're not getting what's in that picture. No control arms or remote reservoir shocks. The picture doesn't match the product description. The coil overs go for around $1300 ish new and these are used/returned. Be careful.

I would call them first, you're not getting what's in that picture. No control arms or remote reservoir shocks. The picture doesn't match the product description. The coil overs go for around $1300 ish new and these are used/returned. Be careful.

Funner = Columbo :cool:
imagesCAZCK8NB.jpg

Yeah I noticed that after reading the description.

Am I missing something or is this 80 about 20-25k or more over priced.

For Sale: - Overland FJ80 with 1-HDT Swap

44k. Wow

It doesn't look like it has anything special about it to me. Some nice custom skids but I don't see 20-25k more than the average nice 80 diesel for sale on here.
I can't spot the 20K in value either. I know (personally) that it is pricey to do engine swaps so maybe they are hoping to recover that investment.

I can understand that but we all know that never happens. Especially when there are loads of diesels for 10-20k out there for sale.
Now that you can import it's only going to get cheaper.

Minus the diesel it looks like the run of the mill 80 listed for 8-10k. 44k just seems ludacris. For 44k I would expect this thing to be monster modified and in show room condition with like 10k on the clock. Even then I'm not sure it would sell.

Crazy.

Am I missing something or is this 80 about 20-25k or more over priced.

For Sale: - Overland FJ80 with 1-HDT Swap

44k. Wow

It doesn't look like it has anything special about it to me. Some nice custom skids but I don't see 20-25k more than the average nice 80 diesel for sale on here.
I'd never pay that either, but with the list of additions, the owner has probably 44K in cost in the truck. No one can deny the add ons to the rig. Easy 20K in mods...again I wouldn't pay what he is asking.

I also noticed from the pics in the link the underside had a lot of surface rust and it looks pretty wet from seepage around the birfs. You would think for 44k they would do full axle service and thoroughly clean and re-spray the underside. Middle skid plate also seems to have some fluids leaking and blowing back on them.

Nice 40, and that Travelall a few auctions later is bitchin too.

Pro-comp mounted tires

37's on Dick Cepek/Mickey Thompson wheels, 6x5.5 bolt pattern for only $220. No affiliation, but only ~2mi from my place.

1973 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40
1973 FJ40 with 4speed and disc brakes

I went up to look at this over the weekend but it had way more rust that advertised (which was like none). small hole in the driver floor, both front fenders, a little bit in each rear quarter but reparable, and a little on the tops of the inner fender welds. The roof rack is bolted to the roof drip sill and so the roof is rusted plus it has a skylight cut into the roof. Seats are trashed, brakes are not great, dash is original but has one extra hole cut. The front shackle mounts have lots of bad welding on them and the engine is seriously underpowered which might be a carburetor problem because it idled fine. (original color is white) the shocks are totally shot so it cant take mountain road turns faster than 30mph and it does not tow straight with the tow bar so plan on trailering it home. Maybe a good option if you are looking for low budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom