The definitive, "Found a good deal on CL" thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5150513489.html

00k0k_bj2rB5KCumA_600x450.jpg

1987 FJ60 Toyota Land Cruiser for sale. Very clean, runs drives great.
This is a hard to find clean and ready to roll FJ60. Located in Prescott, AZ. Have clean title in hand. Low Miles, great interior, paint and body. Asking $13,000 obo. Serious inquiries only please.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/rvs/5150817348.html

00c0c_1pRNJXUcxXl_600x450.jpg

I am posting this ad to assist the son of my friend who resided in AZ, with the sale of this trailer. The son resides in Illinois. I have provided the sellers contact information at the bottom of this ad. Please only contact the seller using this provided information.

The sellers listing:
Trailer was custom fabricated to my fathers specifications in 2012, by Rubberside down custom fabrication in Mesa, AZ at a cost of $9500, to meet the demands of Adventure touring/camping, including extreme off-road use, (AKA The famed Rubicon Trail). It is an incredibly sturdy, yet lightweight trailer, which includes all the camping gear you would need to go adventure exploring on a moments notice.

It is equipped with the following features.

- 2012, 1.6M, Howling Moon, Roof Top Tent, including the optional rainfly, used only a handful of times, and in excellent condition. Howling Moon RTT's are the original RTT manufacturer, and are sought after and prized by the off-roading, expedition, & adventure touring community. They are manufactured to the highest standards, and imported from South Africa. New in 2012 price = $2600 http://www.howlingmoon.co.za

- Welded steel box tube frame, reinforced at all critical joints for structural integrity.

- The upper framing of the cargo container box to which the RTT mounts, is also constructed of heavy gage, welded steel box tube. It also features hinged doors on heavy duty hinges, which are both latched and lockable (with included padlocks). Doors are secured with heavy duty spring loaded slam latches, for access to the interior storage compartment. There is one nicely sized smaller door on each side at the front of the trailer, to allow removal of the included storage bins, and one full-width & similarly hinged & latched/lockable door in the back. Interior floor is partitioned to contain the three Rubbermaid sealed storage bin/boxes to the left side of the compartment, with the remaining floor, and cargo space open for any other items.

- 2" Heavy duty trailer hitch receiver in trailer frame rear crossmember which is tied in full length of the frame, all the way forward to the hitch, and joints reinforced, and is thus sturdy enough for use as a recovery point, mounting of a vise, bicycle rack, kayak racks, or similar adventure touring items, etc.

- Kilby "Max Coupler", which is a cushioned, 360-degree "Swivel" hitch coupler, to fit a std. 2" HD vehicle tow hitch receiver. This premiium coupler allows cushioned, full articulation of both vehicle and trailer over rough terrain, without binding or shock loading of the hitch, vehicle, and trailer.

- 3500lb, Torsion axle for outstanding ground clearance, equipped with electric brakes. Axle width sized to match the Jeep JK, for perfect tracking of the trailer to the vehicle path.

- 35" Goodyear MTR "K" tires, mounted to custom aluminum wheels, matching the tire/wheel combination of the JKUR (Jeep Unlimited Rubicon, 4-dr), which was used for towing this trailer. Wheel bolt pattern of 5-on-5.

- 2000lb manual tongue jack, Heavy Duty manual "BAL" rear frame jacks, which when used in conjunction with the tongue jack, and the installed "bubble level indicators" (side-to-side, and fore-aft) are used for leveling/stabilizing the trailer when setting up the Roof-Top Tent, for a level and stable sleeping experience. NOTE: Like every feature of this trailer which is incredibly well-built and capable of taking on most any terrain, "BAL" leveling jacks are the premium level of the jacks designed and used in the RV industry for large 5th wheel trailers.

- Storage rack on tongue, nicely sized for up to three, 5-gal. "Jerry cans". The cans are secured with rachet straps. Included with the trailer are the two 5 gal water cans, and one 5-gal fuel can, shown.

- Heavy duty fenders, designed strong enough to stand on if needed, and wide enough to fully cover the large 35" tires.

- Multiple exterior tie-down rings for securing of tarps, rainfly's, adventure toys, etc.

Equipment included with the sale of this trailer:

- Three folding camp chairs, two "potty stands" for use with "wag bags", wheel chocks (2), 6' x 8' outdoor carpet, folding stand/step for easing step-up entry to the RTT (8" h x 18" x 15"). Step folds flat to approx. 1.25" thickness.

- Three Rubbermaid "Action Packer" latched and lockable storage containers, which provide clean storage for any items you wish to be kept clean and dry. One is empty and was utilized for storage of food supplies. A second is filled with cooking gear, including a near-new Coleman "Fold-N-Go" propane cooking stove, REI Titanium pots & pans, REI cooking utensils, dishwashing supplies, etc. The third is filled with misc. camping and vehicle supplies, including tent stakes, hammers, an air-powered ½" impact wrench for changing tires, the special socket for the security lug nuts, spill kit pads, wag bags, trash bags, paper towels, spare propane bottles, rope, etc.

- One Trasharoo. (A very handy, heavily reinforced nylon fabric trash bag which is affixed to the spare tire of the towing vehicle, with the two sewn-on HD nylon latched straps)

The trailer is located in central Arizona, and can be viewed by appointment by contacting:
Steve White @ email: swhite1616@yahoo.com

Additional photos supplied upon request.

wow, with your new speakers youll be able to tell what song is playing :clap:

It's cool man... You don't have to lie to kick it... :D

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/5148096465.html

This one does not need front and rear differential locks because they already lock when you put it in low.
Putting it in low is the same as having the front and rear lockers from the factory, it's a big misconception in the Land Cruiser world. So not having front and rear differential locks is the same as having them.
The seller confirmed that for me like three times, this one must be different than any other one I've seen.
He also said that his 40th anniversary LC locks the front and rear differentials automatically just by putting it in low.
Someone better buy this, it must be magic.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5156209311.html

00v0v_cUHUSci5caI_600x450.jpg

1982 MERCEDES UNIMOG 1300L, TURBO DIESEL, FAST AXLES, 8 FORWARD/8 REVERSE MANUAL TRANS WITH NEW DIRNA A/C. APROX 40K MILES. EXCELLENT CONDITION.

THE CAMPER IS A GERMAN BiMobil WITH FRESHWATER TANK, ONBOARD WATER PURIFICATION, LP STOVE AND SINK. THE POP TOP IS A MODIFIED JAMES BAROUD ROOF TOP TENT MOVING THE SLEEPING QUARTERS TO THE UPPER DECK WITH DIRECT ACCESS FROM THE INSIDE OF THE CAMPER. THIS ALOWS FOR THE INSTALLATION OF A MARINE STYLE HEAD FOR WHICH I AM INCLUDING ALL THE EQUIPMENT NECESSARY FOR IT'S INSTALL AS THE NEW OWNER SEES FIT. ALSO INCLUDED IS A NEW ARB FRIDGE/FREEZER AND A NEW ArkPak TO BE USED AS THE BEST POSSIBLE CORE OF A SELF CONTAINED ELECTRICAL SYSTEM AND, AGAIN, INSTALLED AS THE NEW OWNER SEES FIT.

ALSO INCLUDED IS THE FULL SOUND DEADENING KIT FROM ATKINSON VOS.

THE VEHICLE IS LICENSED AND REGISTERED IN ARIZONA WITH A FREE AND CLEAR TITLE. ALL BODY MODIFICATIONS, PAINT WORK, A/C AND CAMPER INSTALL WERE COMPLETED BY FAMILY AUTO BODY IN TUCSON UNDER THE DIRECT SUPERVISION OF OWNER JOEY SORC.

THE VEHICLE IS CURRENTLY LOCATED WITH ME IN NORTHWESTERN WISCONSIN AND WILL RETURN TO ARIZONA AT THE END OF THE SUMMER.

I HAVE ALSO LISTED THE VEHICLE ON UNIMOG EXCHANGE, UNIMOG SHOP, IT'S OWN WEBSITE, AS WELL AS THERE SEEMS TO BE A LISTING ON EXPEDITION PORTAL.

NOTE: TO WHOEVER FLAGGED THIS POST, THIS IS A 100% LEGITIMATE UNIMOG AND BiMobil CAMPER UNIT. IT IS LICENSED AND REGISTERED IN MY NAME AND ONLY MY NAME WITH NO LIENS WHATSOEVER AND THE ORIGINAL VIN AS VERIFIED AT IT'S ARIZONA DMV LEVEL ONE INSPECTION. I HAVE NOTIFIED CRAIGSLIST OF THESE FACTS AND DETAILS. I APPRECIATE DUE DILIGENCE, BUT THIS IS A LEGITIMATE VEHICLE WITH ALL THE OFFICIAL PAPERWORK/PAPER TRAIL, MANUALS AND TITLE TO PROVE IT. THIS IS NOT AN EX MILITARY VEHICLE, IT IS A FORMER GERMAN FIRE RESCUE VEHICLE.

only $89.5K! whoo!

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/5148096465.html

This one does not need front and rear differential locks because they already lock when you put it in low.
Putting it in low is the same as having the front and rear lockers from the factory, it's a big misconception in the Land Cruiser world. So not having front and rear differential locks is the same as having them.
The seller confirmed that for me like three times, this one must be different than any other one I've seen.
He also said that his 40th anniversary LC locks the front and rear differentials automatically just by putting it in low.
Someone better buy this, it must be magic.

Not a 40th either. I had a seller who thought the diff lock switch put it in 4wd. I asked him how it steers in 4wd, he confirmed that it sucked.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5156209311.html

00v0v_cUHUSci5caI_600x450.jpg

1982 MERCEDES UNIMOG 1300L, TURBO DIESEL, FAST AXLES, 8 FORWARD/8 REVERSE MANUAL TRANS WITH NEW DIRNA A/C. APROX 40K MILES. EXCELLENT CONDITION.

THE CAMPER IS A GERMAN BiMobil WITH FRESHWATER TANK, ONBOARD WATER PURIFICATION, LP STOVE AND SINK. THE POP TOP IS A MODIFIED JAMES BAROUD ROOF TOP TENT MOVING THE SLEEPING QUARTERS TO THE UPPER DECK WITH DIRECT ACCESS FROM THE INSIDE OF THE CAMPER. THIS ALOWS FOR THE INSTALLATION OF A MARINE STYLE HEAD FOR WHICH I AM INCLUDING ALL THE EQUIPMENT NECESSARY FOR IT'S INSTALL AS THE NEW OWNER SEES FIT. ALSO INCLUDED IS A NEW ARB FRIDGE/FREEZER AND A NEW ArkPak TO BE USED AS THE BEST POSSIBLE CORE OF A SELF CONTAINED ELECTRICAL SYSTEM AND, AGAIN, INSTALLED AS THE NEW OWNER SEES FIT.

ALSO INCLUDED IS THE FULL SOUND DEADENING KIT FROM ATKINSON VOS.

THE VEHICLE IS LICENSED AND REGISTERED IN ARIZONA WITH A FREE AND CLEAR TITLE. ALL BODY MODIFICATIONS, PAINT WORK, A/C AND CAMPER INSTALL WERE COMPLETED BY FAMILY AUTO BODY IN TUCSON UNDER THE DIRECT SUPERVISION OF OWNER JOEY SORC.

THE VEHICLE IS CURRENTLY LOCATED WITH ME IN NORTHWESTERN WISCONSIN AND WILL RETURN TO ARIZONA AT THE END OF THE SUMMER.

I HAVE ALSO LISTED THE VEHICLE ON UNIMOG EXCHANGE, UNIMOG SHOP, IT'S OWN WEBSITE, AS WELL AS THERE SEEMS TO BE A LISTING ON EXPEDITION PORTAL.

NOTE: TO WHOEVER FLAGGED THIS POST, THIS IS A 100% LEGITIMATE UNIMOG AND BiMobil CAMPER UNIT. IT IS LICENSED AND REGISTERED IN MY NAME AND ONLY MY NAME WITH NO LIENS WHATSOEVER AND THE ORIGINAL VIN AS VERIFIED AT IT'S ARIZONA DMV LEVEL ONE INSPECTION. I HAVE NOTIFIED CRAIGSLIST OF THESE FACTS AND DETAILS. I APPRECIATE DUE DILIGENCE, BUT THIS IS A LEGITIMATE VEHICLE WITH ALL THE OFFICIAL PAPERWORK/PAPER TRAIL, MANUALS AND TITLE TO PROVE IT. THIS IS NOT AN EX MILITARY VEHICLE, IT IS A FORMER GERMAN FIRE RESCUE VEHICLE.
I want a Unimog so bad!

Man those colors, eek... Is that factory?

Yep, sort of, it's not a common color combo. As I understand, all of the two tone LCs were port mods done at the gulf port in Texas. Few of the green/grey combos made it to AZ. Mine was way purdy when it was shined up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom