The definitive, "Found a good deal on CL" thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same as this one in CO eh!

IMG_5573.JPG

A friend near San Diego is calling the scrap yard to pick up his 94 Cruiser by next Wed which his son side-swiped and totaled after it just got a new engine rebuild due to a blown head gasket. He has factory lockers with everything you'd need to perform a swap. He also has ARB lockers with compressor from another rig. Between me and all of you, he quoted me $200 for what you see below minus the factory and ARB lockers. He's happy to give his information out so just PM me if anyone is interested in parts or the whole rig...well, somewhat the whole rig, haha. He is also willing to meet in Yuma if parts are easier and cheaper to transport than ship.

LC1.jpg

LC2.jpg

LC3.jpg

LC5.jpg

LC7.jpg

Curious if it had the engine rebuilt and then his son had a accident why is the engine and interior all torn apart. Had he already started parting it out. Between the body damage and everything being apart the value of selling whole has gone way down compaired to a running vehicle which someone could have heard running a possible taking for a test drive.

Last edited:
He has been parting it for over a month now. Next week it goes to the scrap yard. I'm pretty sure he has gotten much more parting it than he would have with a running motor. I myself spent quite a bit on parts to finish my 94'. None the less, the parts are there if you need them.

Hi all! Its been a broken wrist, surgery two times, $10k deductible and new job that has caused me to be away for so long. Well, I'm back and starting it off with a CL find where "if it's too good to be true...maybe it's not?" Saw Murf today and both agreed to post what's ahead. After weeks of negotiating and people walking away from this 93 rig, I snatched it the morning they needed to move out of their home. 1 owner, purchased in Guatemala (non-US model features are pretty cool), 233k miles and doesn't even turn over. Well, I couldn't say "no" to $300 and a $75 tow right to my backyard. By far the most luck I have had on CL but patience is a virtue too. Now, where do I post pics of what is about to begin on this rig. Could also use a few opinions on what I have planned. View attachment 961998 View attachment 961999 View attachment 962000 View attachment 962001

I would encourage you to start your own thread on this adventure of bringing her back, us cruiserheads would enjoy the journey with you.
Post it up!

Thanks Murf, I'm getting around in doing it. Above post is in regards to someone else I know that is parting out and/or selling his 94'. I've gotten as far as getting just about everything I need to start a new thread. Look for it starting next week :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom