The Coleman Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@rusty_tlc , jealous you got that oven! With some practice, I'm sure you'll be making from-scratch sticky buns in no time.
I did some box mix brownies last weekend. With the aid of a digital thermometer, the kind with a probe on a wire and the meter outside. Turns out 230F on the "heat indicator" is about 350F in the center of the oven. I'll probably just map a few common temps and make marks where the arrow points.

I did some box mix brownies last weekend. With the aid of a digital thermometer, the kind with a probe on a wire and the meter outside. Turns out 230F on the "heat indicator" is about 350F in the center of the oven. I'll probably just map a few common temps and make marks where the arrow points.

Thanks for that! that's good to know.... so is the temp difference fairly linear? Roughly a 120° difference?

I'm planning some baking on a four day trip in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for that! that's good to know.... so is the temp difference fairly linear? Roughly a 120° difference?

I'm planning some baking on a four day trip in a couple of weeks.
No idea how linear it is, I'm just going to map some popular temps;325, 350, 400 etc. and make some marks. I will probably vary a lot with conditions (wind and temp).

I'm sure it will vary but just knowing it can be 120° hotter is a big help, thanks!

I stopped by the Coleman Museum today and took a few cell phone pictures. Thought you Coleman aficionados might be interested.

IMG_0067.jpg

Coleman gas heated irons
IMG_0026.jpg

Coleman mini bike, said "Sachs" on the engine cover.

IMG_0061.jpg

Coleman home cooking stove

IMG_0043.jpg

Coleman lamps for the home.

I will post some more pictures later on.

A few more pictures.

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

Not really sure what this thing does? It says "Coleman Home Gas System" on the lid.

IMG_0046.jpg

The all brass lantern in the middle is the 40 millionth Coleman Lantern made.

I have several more pictures and will post them sometime in the next few days.

Where on a 425D would I find the date stamp? I found "5 66" on the tank, but I can't find any date on the stove itself.

Where on a 425D would I find the date stamp? I found "5 66" on the tank, but I can't find any date on the stove itself.

I believe the tank is the only place on those.

Thanks Cam. That's the only place I'm finding it. Looked all over, but sometimes things are right in front of my eyes and I don't see them. Tank says 5/66. I also have a 200A 2/60. They were my Dad's. Plan is to clean and get them working. He wrote his name on there in black marker. Gotta be careful not to erase that.

Just found this thread. I am a somewhat new Coleman collector, but picked up a couple of nice old ones recently. The first one is my favorite, a 1946 Coleman 530 "pocket" stove. It runs like a champ. The second one I just got and while not technically a Coleman, I thought people would like it. It is a M-1942 Mountain Stove from 1945. I guess these were designed for the 10th Mountain Division in WWII and it is pretty lightweight. I currently have it disassembled and am cleaning it up and polishing it right now. Still need to order some new o-rings for it, but hoping it will be running soon. I also have a couple of 502's and a 220 lantern. Definitely a bit of an addiction. I always have a good time getting these old ones going again.

Coleman530-2.JPG

m-1942.JPG

Those are awesome, kept my butt warm more than one night in a tent. You just need to make sure you have plenty of ventilation.

Probably going to meet the owner and pick one of these up for $20. Once a year i camp with uc on the blue ridge parkway. Tired of freezing my a@: off.

I picked up one of those 3500 btu Coleman 512's the other day for $20. Need to pick up a new wick before I can fire it up. Interested to see how well it works this winter.

This has become an essential piece of travel equipment; it fits perfectly behind the center console of our 80 series. I bought the "cooolah" from a grocery store on sale in 1989 for $14. I can't believe that was 25 years ago. I recently saw one on listed on eBay for $100.

Maybe not as cool as a stove from 1946, but it's a good conversation piece.

photo (23).JPG

The 80's were weird:

Last edited:
Damn, that thing makes me wanna break out my white linen sport coat and roll up the sleeves! Except these days they wouldn't call me Crockett; They'd call me crotchety.

Yep. Back in the day I sported a white linen suit with a pastel T. Wouldn't be able to fit in now. These days they wouldn't call me Tubbs; They'd call me Tubby ; )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom