The Coleman Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

...Although adding to mfg cost, etc., a larger diameter dual-range burner similar to Thermador's Star burner style or similar, would be more useful for me for cooking for 1 or 10. But I've got a little problem with OCD :D so no detail is too small :D

I looked up Thermador star burner parts to do the conversion. It's over $200 per burner!

You would have to find a heck of a deal on the stove not to violate the $20 rule!

Speechless........

I saw a preview and it looks even better now. Have fun with your stove in the wilds of Colorado!

I looked up Thermador star burner parts to do the conversion. It's over $200 per burner!

You would have to find a heck of a deal on the stove not to violate the $20 rule!

Yes...anything out of the Thermador pool of parts is going to be a price buster for retrofit. I'm thinking a stamped version of the star burner...really no more, or very little anyway, cost than what's already in the burner that Partner Steel uses. Or some other design that gets decent flame control to both small diameter and large diameter pans. Or at least a combo of burner sizes in a given stove...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Now you just have to repaint your truck!

image.jpg

Great work Cam!

WOW!!! I need to get mine done now Cameron.....

TLCA #13178 Appalachia Cruisers, STLCA

@Cam <golf clap> Great work.

If you ever do one in the cream white the FJ60 came in post it up.

Now you just have to repaint your truck!

View attachment 888291

That thought had crossed my mind as soon as I opened the box!

A huge thanks goes out to Cruiserdrew and FJ60Cam for the stove, it's amazing to say the least. It's almost too nice to use now, but I need to hold up my end of the bargain and get some use out of it ;)

On another note I replaced the mantles on the give away lantern tonight and was hoping it would fire right up but no luck. Not sure what the problem is, off to the Coleman forum for some tech tips.

Last edited:
What's it gonna cost me Cameron to get my 502 looking like the giveaway one?

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1398219978.984716.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1398219999.970158.jpg

What's it gonna cost me Cameron to get my 502 looking like the giveaway one?

If you have to ask...

My Garage sale list for this summer;
502 (or other) single burner Coleman stove
Coleman camp oven
Coleman toaster

Anybody have a Coleman Toaster? I'd love to hear a review.

I'm on the hunt for a camp oven as well. Those thigns are too cool not to have one in the collection. There is a Peak single burner that I'm debating right now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom