2016 URJ200 SERIES LAND CRUISER/LX570 UPDATE-REFRESH (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not much new info it seems (though I'm checking this thread and doing google searches for more info almost everyday :) )

I heard October from my dealer

Should we rename this thread to the 2016 LC? Still curious about the actual 300 series.

This might be premature (showroom floor in October you say?), but with iPads etc, we really have no use for a RES. I have no problem with the fold away, ceiling mounted version if it's a standard part, but the headrest mount seems really intrusive to me. Since the LC comes virtually optionless, I'm concerned I'll have no choice but to live with these if I go with a 2016. I think the LX has them as an option so I guess I'm just looking for some feedback to see if I'm making more of it than I should or if it bothers anyone else and you think there might be an option/ alternative.

I totally agree Nfusion, I really don't see the point of the two screens, that is one of the reason I got a 2015 rather than waited for the 2016, granted the price was a factor, but this was also a factor, I'd be afraid to damage them when I carry a lot of stuff.

In my mind they should be an option, they are way to big an intrusive and in this day and age of iPads and Phablets, they are useless.

I don't get a vote, because I am a buyer of a 2016 in 2026. However, and as such, I don't want headrest monitors, flip-down monitors or a NAV/HVAC system worked into the dash. I want a solid truck that I can add 2026 technology to rather than having the outdated crap I'll be stuck with.

Long live the 1999-2002 100 Series!

009_o (2).jpg

016_o.jpg

010_o.jpg

015_o.jpg

021_o.jpg

If you've ever been to Japan you know why the LC has huge screens... It's engrained in their culture there... The more electronics the better from their point of view.

.... I have no problem with the fold away, ceiling mounted version if it's a standard part, but the headrest mount seems really intrusive to me. .

I hate them in the headrests OR the ceiling because on solo trips I often set up the rear for sleeping and that stupid thing in the center right where I'd crawl through is NOT helping at all.

Order of mods to a LC 200:
1st remove 3rd row, 1st day
2nd tires 33" BFG Ko2, 2nd day
3rd dual battery for fridge
4th ARB rear bumper with tire carrier
*5th remove DVD ceiling mount, 1st week while waiting for above parts ;)

I totally agree Nfusion, I really don't see the point of the two screens, that is one of the reason I got a 2015 rather than waited for the 2016, granted the price was a factor, but this was also a factor, I'd be afraid to damage them when I carry a lot of stuff.

In my mind they should be an option, they are way to big an intrusive and in this day and age of iPads and Phablets, they are useless.

Agreed.

I don't want to hijack the thread but I went in for a test drive of a 2015 last night and came home with a new truck- so much for my patience :D. I found one locally in a color combo I like (gray/ black) for a great price. I quickly fell back in love with the power, command and and silky smoothness of my 2000. They valued my trade at $500 more than I was expecting and matched my credit unions super low financing rate. I really couldn't say no after that and the screen in your face was already prying my good intentions away from the 2016. Looks like I'll be monitoring this 2016 situation from afar.

This dealership offers a lifetime powertrain warranty ($300 deductible after 5 years). They tried to sell me a lifetime bumper to bumper for $2400 which I declined. I don't buy extended warranties on much, but the "lifetime" part is kind of sticking with me. It sounds very reassuring I guess but this is a Land Cruiser that's been out for a long time and I still have the option of a Toyota extended at any time in the next few years. I'm taking my chances but they did get a hook or two into me with that.

Congrats on the new ride!

Congrats on the new 2015.

Congrats!

Yes do ask him but also say either go full luxury like the LX or bare bones like that miners 200 they offer in Australia!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom