2016 URJ200 SERIES LAND CRUISER/LX570 UPDATE-REFRESH (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Toyota has been super conservative with it's "all new" vehicles at least as far as 4x4. Check out the "New" Tundra, pretty much just a re-work. The "New" Tacoma at least so far as the skin looks like a re-work(we'll know more tomorrow when we hear about the engine's etc) I'm thinking something super conservative for the Cruiser if any changes for the next 2 or 3 years. I could see the 300 series out for 2018. All that being said the super conservative approach of Toyota gives us proven platforms that work for 100's of thousands of miles!!! Just my 2 cents and some guessing based on nothing:)))

I think you are correct. It will most likely emulate the front end of the 2015 Tundra.

I hate the look of it, but like ALL trucks, I always seem to hate the way they look, but lo and behold, a year later I love it. I assume I will eventually love the look of them, but for right now...yuck.
I'm with ya on the new Tundra, they got a bit crazy with the grille, ya can't do smaller headlights and bigger grille, just doesn't like right! I'm thinking they might copying some cues from the new Tundra, but pretty sure they would run a smaller grille... Fingers crossed! If they 300 hundo turns out to be an all new from the ground up design, let's go to a 114 inch wheelbase, the people sitting behind me would love an extra inch or two!:)

I wonder what the sticker price will be and if we'll have any trim / options or if it'll be the same offerings as we have now..."base model"

Surely the Tundra will get a more economical option to keep up with the competition in the next two years. I assume the next Cruiser will benefit from it.

found this online, not saying they know anything, but it's another guess....
Redesign 2017

• The first nameplate Toyota sold in the United States, eliminating the Land Cruiser for slow sales would be a major loss of face. It also carries big margins, and it sells well in markets where the roads aren’t as nice or don’t exist at all. A redesign for the 2017 model year would be on cadence.

Has anyone seen info for the new 2016 Hybrid Land Cruiser?
I read a little article that said they would be offering one in 2016 and also still offer the 5.7.... but that was awhile ago...

Hey that would be cool delete the 3rd row seats and stuff a Prius electric engine back there.! Lol just kidding :)

The LX is going to be introduced for the first time in Japan under the LEXUS name this summer. I think it would make sense for them to align a possible update with its launch in Japan. I would be interested to see if they offer the personalized L select program currently offered on the LS ( Only in Japan ) for the LX.

that looks like a Jeep Grand Cherokee!

Photoshopped VW concept.

Volkswagen-CrossBlue_Concept-2013-hd.jpg

Last edited:
In Asian I remember them cslling it a Cygnus or something like that; I was in Indonesia way back and it was exactly like a LX570 but no Lexus badging; all Toyota not sure if they stopped that.

I was at the local Lexus dealer yesterday and i was told the LX is getting updated this year (MY2016 ) with a more comfortable and luxurious interior and updated exterior design. Not a new generation but a heavy facelift. Lets wait and see...
Also on a few Chinese websites they had a list of vehicles being updated by Lexus this year and LX was mentioned as one of the vehicles..as well as it being mentioned in one of the US Lexus dealer meetings a few months ago...
Wouldn't be surprised if some pics leak a couple of months before release.
My guess is the on the exterior the LX will get the seperated DRL from the main lights like on the new Lexus vehicles as well as a full spindle grille and updated rear lights.
Possible hybrid and diesel for some markets as well as permanent supercharged variant in the LX range.

Last edited:
Everytime Toyota/Lexus "updates" the LC/LX they make it uglier. My 80 series was good looking, my 100 series still better then other brands but not as good as my 80 series and my 200 series looks like all the others not very special. I keep buying for the quality and dependability.

Everytime Toyota/Lexus "updates" the LC/LX they make it uglier. My 80 series was good looking, my 100 series still better then other brands but not as good as my 80 series and my 200 series looks like all the others not very special. I keep buying for the quality and dependability.

People whined about the looks of the 80 series when it came out saying it was bulbous and too big. The 100 series was Camry slab sided boring. The 200 became a souped up mall crawling Highlander.

It's the same old, tired formula. There's no way I'd trade a 200 for a 100 or an 80 or a 60. It's the best made to date and I hope the 300 trumps the 200 because I love progress.

P.S. I find the 200 LX to be a fantastic looking vehicle especially the refreshed version.

Last edited:
People whined about the looks of the 80 series when it came out saying it was bulbous and too big. The 100 series was Camry slab sided boring. The 200 became a souped up mall crawling Highlander.

It's the same old, tired formula. There's no way I'd trade a 200 for a 100 or an 80 or a 60. It's the best made to date and I hope the 300 trumps the 200 because I love progress.

P.S. I find the 200 LX to be a fantastic looking vehicle especially the refreshed version.

Progress in the vehicle, not in the looks. The new front on the 200 is much better then the front end on the new GX. Not an improvement on the 200 series from 2008-2011. JMHO it's not really much different, just enough that only us 200 freaks would even notice.

They haven't made a good looking Land Cruiser since my 60 was new. I'll take what I can get though.

Personally I think the 60/80/100 are all good looking. Least favorite style would be 2008/2011 200 LC. Things picked up again for the 200's looks from 2012 IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom