2016 URJ200 SERIES LAND CRUISER/LX570 UPDATE-REFRESH (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I posted this a couple of months ago but you can see the place where they added lather is only in the center console, the rest of the dash is pretty much identical. If you notice they refreshed the LX more than the LC, reason for this is an all new land cruiser is due in 2 years but an all new LX is still 4 years away, so they are saving things for the next gen LC.
abc.jpg

gX-R thanks again for all these. Unfortunately the USA market does not do the numbers of sales the other places do (or who ever runs the USA market for Toyota chooses not to bring these in) I thought the 2013 front end was very good and aggressive looking; and sales picked up. A USA vehicle purchaser has to many choices here and the cost matters. Plastic just does not help at all.

gX-R thanks again for all these. Unfortunately the USA market does not do the numbers of sales the other places do (or who ever runs the USA market for Toyota chooses not to bring these in) I thought the 2013 front end was very good and aggressive looking; and sales picked up. A USA vehicle purchaser has to many choices here and the cost matters. Plastic just does not help at all.

I posted this a couple of months ago but you can see the place where they added lather is only in the center console, the rest of the dash is pretty much identical. If you notice they refreshed the LX more than the LC, reason for this is an all new land cruiser is due in 2 years but an all new LX is still 4 years away, so they are saving things for the next gen LC.
View attachment 1113866

GX-R - that would make since as it gives the 200 series a 10 model year run similar to 100 series and 80 series. I have concerns though that the styling cues in this latest re-fresh are a sign of things to come for the 300 series. They really need to take a page out of Range Rover and keep/bring back the classic greenhouse lines and keep the front-end conservative and classy. I am not impressed with the Tundra look. Plus at nearly $85K now, its not really affordable any more.

The actual 300 series Land Cruiser design due in 2 year has been frozen no doubt and don't be surprised if next year we see prototypes being tested, the same way the 200 series design was already frozen by the time the final 100 update was released. I imagine the front end design hints at the 300 in some ways but i think the rear end will be different, more along the lines of the new Fortuner styling.

The next gen LX though is still 4 years away....

Last edited:
honestly I wish they would follow Mercedes Benz in the G wagon route; keep the styling and just update safety and performance. I know the G wagon is a movie star vehicle now but it keeps its roots. Give me a 80 series with all the new air bags and safety stuff or even a 70 series???? or is that to much wishful thinking?

honestly I wish they would follow Mercedes Benz in the G wagon route; keep the styling and just update safety and performance. I know the G wagon is a movie star vehicle now but it keeps its roots. Give me a 80 series with all the new air bags and safety stuff or even a 70 series???? or is that to much wishful thinking?

That paraphrases the Model T Ford customer reactions to the replacement Model A. Consider a four cylinder Morgan. We all know how you feel though and keep our cherished classics tucked away to use occasionally.

Agreeded, give me a super charged straight six 80 series solid axles and upgrade the safety and convince stuff like they have done on the G wagon and you have a "star"

The 80 drives like junk compared to the 200 -- and interior of the 80 is spent. Too much to update. Also, the mpg is awful.

The 80 drives like junk compared to the 200 -- and interior of the 80 is spent. Too much to update. Also, the mpg is awful.

LMAO, that's the point, like the G wagon, old school with high tech and safety and comfort upgrades. Not for everyone but neither is the 200 series. The 200 series is way over built and capable for rough off road use, but, but, but.

80 series to me looks old.. But the 100 still looks awesome... But still the 200 is a pretty incredible vehicle... That being said I like the front of the new refresh cruiser just my opinion

Oh boy you guys are ruff! Update the 80 is way I said; excellent approach and departure angles; good size etc. the G wagon does not try to cater to everyone; I think the 100 and 200 series are trying to be appealing to too many people. Another example is that Range Rover does NOT even offer a 3rd row.

Range Rover has a 3rd row. My sister has a 15 RR that has a 3rd row. All be it not near as adult friendly as the LCs 3rd row. But it does have one.

For me 1st mod was to remove the 3rd row seats - kind of a pita.
Photo doesn't reflect, but attempted to tastefully cover the holes.

In past 100's they lifted out vs bolts...much easier.

P1020779_zps3bb88d3b.jpg~original

You have anything on the 16 sequoia?

Can it really be that bad? Since are Land Cruisers purchased for "good driving"? I assume you have driven both?

Yeah e rated tires at 40psi, fully boxed stiff frame, and suspension to handle off-road situations... Honestly my LC doesn't ride "the best" frankly it's kind of choppy... But I bought the cruiser to go out on the dirt and have a little fun now and then... Other wise I could have bought and RX350 and had a great soft ride... Or better yet a highlander lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom