2016 URJ200 SERIES LAND CRUISER/LX570 UPDATE-REFRESH (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same here, only interested in turbo diesel.

Models like the LC usually go almost 10 years before a full redesign. They don't sell enough to change it completely every 3 years (cough.. Camry). The Hundy was 98-07, so I would assume the 200 will be 08-17 before a full redesign.

Models like the LC usually go almost 10 years before a full redesign. They don't sell enough to change it completely every 3 years (cough.. Camry). The Hundy was 98-07, so I would assume the 200 will be 08-17 before a full redesign.

2017 seems so far off, but really the 2014's are out, proly the next year or two will be seeing or hearing something on the 300 series! if that's the case and the 300 series will be out in 2 or 3 years I don't see them doing another facelift, just my guess...

I have a feeling the 300 will look like this. Considering the direction that Toyota has taken with its appearances :rolleyes:

image-3553488026.jpg

Is that the front or the back? Just asking. :D

the blind people must be doing the backends of the rigs cause I think the front of the 200 looks better than the 100, but the rear end of the 100 looks way better than the 200!!!

Probably look like the lx570 with small updates

wonder what engine the 300 is gonna have in it? The LC has always had the most traditional styling of the toyota line up IMO, I think it will be just a modern version of the 200/100 series...

I hate to say this but I would not be surprised if the LC is discontinued as a nameplate in the US in favor of the LX version only.

That's just a theory I have about the future of the LC in the country.

beno I understand what you are saying but it Toyota doing this; I would love to buy a 200 series LC. The reason I'm going to LX is the interior. I myself still feel 80 to 90K is a lot of money and the quality of the interior is the final reason. I feel the 2013 interior of the LC is similar to my 2006 LX. Hard plastic center console, plastic trim all around etc. If the LC had a better interior it would sell more.

beno I understand what you are saying but it Toyota doing this; I would love to buy a 200 series LC. The reason I'm going to LX is the interior. I myself still feel 80 to 90K is a lot of money and the quality of the interior is the final reason. I feel the 2013 interior of the LC is similar to my 2006 LX. Hard plastic center console, plastic trim all around etc. If the LC had a better interior it would sell more.

I read a couple articles awhile back on this same thing, they said that Toyota used the hard plastics in the LC for durability reasons, just what I heard, not saying it's true:)

I hope Toyota is watching the market becasue there are some major changes happening to large SUVs. Companies are moving to the use of aluminum and spaceframes to save weight. Range Rover, Mercedes, Audi. Then there is the "introduction" of diesel engines in the US.
I'm not saying that this is the direction Toyota needs to take the Land Cruiser but if they do not AT LEAST come to market with a diesel I'll have to look elsewhere. Selling so few Land Cruisers I don't see how Toyota can justify selling them here. There must be Toyota execs who like them for themselves.

We're awaiting the delivery of a Mercedes GL350 diesel. There was one simple reason. Diesel's 30 mpg on the highway (and the monster torque). The interior is beautiful too. The price difference was about 10K more than the 2013 or 2014 land cruiser and the residual on the diesel is awesome.
I don't anticipate the reliability of the Land Cruisers BUT I also won't keep it past 5 years unlike all my Land Cruisers of the past. I'm also not selling mine just moving them around the family.
I've kept the 1999 like new and just refurbished the suspension with new bushings, shocks and tires. My brother needs to "borrow it" for a year.
I'll take the 2011 LC for myself now. Let the fun begin!

Land Cruiser = under the radar luxury and unmatched off road rugidness & reliability
LX = Look at me and my chrome, I just dropped 100K and it's reliable too
GL350= I'd like to follow the Land Cruiser off road but I don't want to get dirty

forgot to add this Toyota doesn't even "LET" us get one the way we want even if we wanted to. In the USA market all you can do is pick exterior color. In Australia they at east have the Sahara model which has a better interior etc. Yes I understand they are made in Japan and have to been shipped etc but at least give us that option. Maybe 3rd row delete, lockers, etc. I'm not asking for drastic assembly line changes. The LX and LC are made on the same line at the plant. The take it or leave aspect is not making anymore because the market segment has more competition.

sense the main market for the LC is overseas, I"m not sure that Toyota will make many changes to it based on the US market, I gotta believe 90 some odd percent of all LC's are sold far outside of the US market... The US market is going toward car based suv's at this point... My guess would be you'll see a seperation of the LX and LC.. I'm guessing and hoping Toyota will keep brining the LC into the US just because it's alwasy been here, it's a huge nameplate for them, and I just don't see it leaving(fingers crossed) but I coudl see the LX taking a different road, most people looking for the Lexus suv's will want more of a car like ride etc... just my guess!:beer:

the blind people must be doing the backends of the rigs cause I think the front of the 200 looks better than the 100, but the rear end of the 100 looks way better than the 200!!!
. They are not blind, just appreciate a nice big firm ass.

wonder what engine the 300 is gonna have in it? The LC has always had the most traditional styling of the toyota line up IMO, I think it will be just a modern version of the 200/100 series...

The 3UR with direct injection or new tech to gain hp and mpg. I doubt they'll build a bigger displacement V8. Hopefully a diesel as an option.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom